Anybody fitted these yet..! any issues.

WhackyWill

Im looking to upgrade my brake lines in the New Year.

I believe there are fitting issues with the HEL Kits

and the Goodrich kit is a bit expensive.

So here is my two alternatives from Tarmac.

Just want to know if anybody on here has fitted them and any issues.. :surrender:

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_StopTech_Brake_Lines/350z-350Z-StopTech-Brake-Lines.aspx

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z__Techna-Fit_Brake_Lines/350z-NIS-1335_.aspx

I've fitted similar braided lines and its pretty easy.Just make sure the mating surface on the caliper where the banjo fitting goes is clean and flat.I had a few leak problems until I filed the surface flat.

I getting Ross at Japex to fit them when he does my P1 in Jan. :blush:

I believe they are the same design as HKS.

It uses a banjo bolt which requires 2 copper washers. The problem is the surface they seal on it not the same as standard lines. Its annodized like the rest of the caliper.

I took mine to a machining shop and got them to sand it dead level to provide a good surface to seal on. 2 Years later no problems.

It uses a banjo bolt which requires 2 copper washers. The problem is the surface they seal on it not the same as standard lines. Its annodized like the rest of the caliper.

I took mine to a machining shop and got them to sand it dead level to provide a good surface to seal on. 2 Years later no problems.

Which ones are you talking about Mack..?? :scare: :scare:

Which ones are you talking about Mack..?? :scare: :scare:

HKS Braided lines from Zmanalex.

All the braided lines I've seen for the 350z have the same design.

Something to watch out for, this is from ZMANALEX himself. When you disconnect the brake line from the calliper make sure you put a brake clamp on the rubber line to prevent the master cylinder running dry.

If it runs dry your in a world of problems, the workshop manual for the 350z says drain it but it is incorrect.

Edited by Mack

No problems with HELs, they are easy to fit and fit fine. You need to reuse one of the old p-clamps on the front as well as using one of the provided ones as the lines can rub on the tyre if your not careful with your routing.

Yeah I had the same fitted by Sly at Kaizer. He said they didn't pose any problems, but the rears are a little shorter than he would have expected leading to an unusual routing of the lines.

You tend to get 1 P clamp per line, but for the zed you need two. HE:L may supply them if you ask nicely, or Halfords do a large box of various sizes for not too much $$$

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...