Winter 370Z Storage

RPL

Hi all,

After many years of wanting a Z I've finally taken the plunge and bought a 2012 370Z A7 GT Edition in Pearl White - and it's amazing! Between the amazing acceleration, the techy gadgets and the quite frankly beautiful looks, I'm in car heaven :)

One question though - as a new owner of a performance car such as this, I'm wondering how I should care for it during the winter? It will be garaged away from the elements, but is there anything I should do between the weekends when I'll be using it?

E.g. Should I leave the handbrake off? Put something special in the oil/petrol? Do something with the paintwork?

Cheers!

You shouldn't really need to do anything, maybe turn it over every so often or take it out for a drive. If you're interested, I have a heated garage that you could leave it in over winter if you wanted? *

* I don't have a heated garage and will drive your car and take no responsibility for it whatsoever whilst in my care.

• Like 1

If it's only put away through the week, can't see anything special needed, if it goes away to beddy baws for the week and it's been wet or recently washed, then leave the handbrake off. My car regularly sits on the drive for an odd week now and then, sometimes longer with no harm coming to her.

Going away for the whole winter is a different story though.

I've been researching breathable car covers. My Z has to live out in the street and typically only gets driven at the weekends so I'm thinking about getting a good quality cover, partly to protect from the elements and partly to help protect against the risk of vandalism. I've not had any problems so far but the white Nismo is a lot more conspicuous than my previous Z.

I know some people don't like the idea of using a cover but having read up on it I think its a good idea for me. Just need to make sure the tax disc, parking permit and reg are visible and that it's only put on when the car is clean and dry :)

A mate if mine bought a reasonably expensive 'breathable' and 'waterproof' car cover last winter.... it was almost as @*!# as the cheap one he bought not long before! I'm yet to hear or a good car cover. Water just seems to get in (or condensation) and stay in from my experience. I'm sure there are half decent covers out there though, somehow, somewhere!

A mate if mine bought a reasonably expensive 'breathable' and 'waterproof' car cover last winter.... it was almost as @*!# as the cheap one he bought not long before! I'm yet to hear or a good car cover. Water just seems to get in (or condensation) and stay in from my experience. I'm sure there are half decent covers out there though, somehow, somewhere!

Yep I know there can be issues with them so I'm gonna give it a try and keep an eye on how it works out. If it starts to look iffy I'll stop using it.

• Like 1