LED strip lighting for garden shed ?

neo

Depends what you want to do in the shed, I use these in my fish tank, and for me they are bright enough, but the tank is only 40"x20" deep, to do anything sensible like working on something I think you will need two or three times that amount, I use a 4ft tube and a single 60w energy saver in my 8'x6'.

B&Q do some nice fluorescent strip lights, you can get them on line as well :thumbs:

As above, plus we get ours from Toolstation. We use the led ones you mention for under cupboard lighting on kitchens and display units etc, as mentioned, probably not suitable for lighting a shed.

If you get a strip light, try to get one with a cover incase you bash it by mistake.

Failing that just get an cheap IP rated outside light suitable for low energy bulbs. Again, Toolstation.

https://www.google.c...386606156939248

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to drag this thread up again, finally got round to sorting the lighting out, went for the 5050 led strip light 5 meter in the end and very pleasantly surprised how good they are for £18.50 delivered :)

please excuse the mess inside the shed, guess most sheds/garages are dumping grounds :blush:

No flash on camera, hence the slightly blurry pictures.

post-9-0-89212100-1392754123_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-27396600-1392754113_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-30836100-1392754104_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-87508600-1392754089_thumb.jpg

That looks good neo, I just bought 2 battery powered led strips on amazon as I have no power in my garage.. Will let you guys know how I get on

Please do, also as Neo says some pics and if you're pleased how about a link to the type on eBay?

Edit: on amazon!!!!! even :)

In the garage I'm good but I will be replacing the sheds this year and I won't have power there. These could be useful especially if you could incorporate a solar panel charger?! :shrug:

Neo, they look great value for money :thumbs:

Edited by Fodder