Any one bought 1 of these

Carrie-B1

Decided to take the plunge and order one at that price, probably a daft question but does any one know how they are fixed, is it necesary to drill boot lid or silicone in place , one reason i chose this as it didn,t interfere or require removal of original spoiler.

Decided to take the plunge and order one at that price, probably a daft question but does any one know how they are fixed, is it necesary to drill boot lid or silicone in place , one reason i chose this as it didn,t interfere or require removal of original spoiler.

A pain in the arse to fit. (well mine was).

I would drill through the boot lid....makes it stronger....and should be easy enough for the coupe.

The roadster has a plastic boot lid....hence easier to drill...but not as strong.

I fixed mine (bolted) in four places...plus tiger seal. It aint going anywhere.

Also not sure on the ones from Polond...but mine didn't have predrilled holes. Yet more heartache (for my Dad anyway - as he fitted it). :teeth:

So went ahead and ordered 1 on the 7th Dec, awaiting delivery today again. was meant to be here yesterday but didnt arrive time slot 2.30-4.30, 3.40 tracking said unable to deliver, so let see if it arrives today keeping in mind it is coming less than 20 mile from their depot

It did, yeah. Was very well wrapped in bubble wrap. (took me 20 min to get it all off lol) Left it in the kitchen till about 2 hours ago waiting on someone to call and help me set it on the car to test and usually my house is like Piccadilly circus and no-one came, so I wrapped it all up and havent got to test fit it yet lol.

IMG_0475_zps180bcabc.jpg

IMG_0477_zpsaa7f46e2.jpg

IMG_0476_zps9d6bdead.jpg

Its fibreglass, just though not have to worry about hitting curbs or speed ramps so it should be fine and if I do hit a curb with it I am in some serious trouble lol

Slightly confused me on how the Spoiler is going to hit the curb :teeth: unless you are a Hooligan Driver who likes to do high speed rolls :teeth:

Its fibreglass, just though not have to worry about hitting curbs or speed ramps so it should be fine and if I do hit a curb with it I am in some serious trouble lol

Slightly confused me on how the Spoiler is going to hit the curb :teeth: unless you are a Hooligan Driver who likes to do high speed rolls :teeth:

I was thinking the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard bad reports on fibreglass so my way of thinking on fibreglass = do not buy fibreglass parts for the car as they will crack when in contact with unmovable objects, (2 times I have went to far forward when parking and caught the front of the car on a curb (thank god those bits were plastic no cracks, little bit of a scrape, I can live with that) so when looking at this spoiler first thought, Fibreglass Nooooo but 2nd thought its not near the ground and if it does hit a curb or an unmovable object the spoiler will be the very last thing I will worry about. Hope that clears that up for you . ( its a women thing ) lol

I will try Graeme, Have to wait to 1 of my brothers call round to help me set it on the car, because I know multi tasking is a women's best aptitude but I have not learnt the ability to hold the item on the car and take a photo with my foot just yet, but working on it lol.

Hope you have a great Christmas also

I will try Graeme, Have to wait to 1 of my brothers call round to help me set it on the car, because I know multi tasking is a women's best aptitude but I have not learnt the ability to hold the item on the car and take a photo with my foot just yet, but working on it lol.

Camera + tripod + 10sec selftimer + cheeky pose with spoiler = win

Camera + tripod + 10sec selftimer + cheeky pose with spoiler = win

Just make sure it's not windy if you do this. Here's how my recent attempt at this panned out.

Camera + tripod + 10sec selftimer + wind = broken camera :(