Immobiliser warning light 2010 370z coupe

tatooandy67

Hi, I noticed the other morning on my way to work the immobiliser warning light was illuminated. It's the small red car symbol with a black key in the middle, it's on the rev counter at around the 10 o'clock position. It stayed on for the whole journey approx 5 miles, when I got back into my car to go home the light stayed off but then later the same day while out driving the light was back on again for the entire time I was driving (approx 10 miles) I called the dealer where I got the car from and am still waiting for a appointment but now the warning light is no longer on, it's been 4 days now and I've drove around 50 miles with no issues and no warning light. I will still take it to dealer for inspection ( when they finally call me back) but would feel better if I had a little info on what may have caused this light to stay on. Any insight would be really appreciated

Thanks Andy

Not sure,but is it the steering lock recall issue?

Colin 'Ebized' or Will370 will know more. Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon.

Just spoke to Nissan Customer Services on the 01923 899334 number and they told me that 925 vehicles are affected. He then went on to say the affected vehicles were from VIN no.0300691 and that had a build date from 24th March 2010 which seems odd as I thought '09 and '10 cars were affected.

Might be a good idea if another member can phone Nissan Customer Services to clarify the VIN numbers and build dates that the recall applies to.

Scotty

Interesting, but I suspect some wires crossed here and it is 370's made up that VIN number/date quoted.

Still waiting for the official recall detail which will confirm, but best advice to any 370 owner who is worried is to call your Nissan Dealer sooner rather than later so that they can order up a replacement part before stock runs out and knowing that same problem affects the GTRs, which use the same part as Will ^^^^^ has discovered ;) .

Just had a call back from a very helpful guy at Colliers Nissan HPC and he has confirmed that Nissan Customer Services gave me incorrect information. As you suspected Colin, it's Cars with a VIN number UP TO 0300691 and build date UP TO 24th March 2010 that the recall applies to.

Cheers,

Scotty

There you go ;)

I had a warning of my key battery being low - it may be that. Perhaps get a new key battery and see if it comes back

Strongly advised as mine wouldn't start in the end and had to change the batteries and give it a little help from a jump box to get bit started again!

Sounds very similar to my problem. I remember mine related to the orange key icon.

Check if your car needs the steering lock replacement. The light came on on mine intermittently, with my luck every time I took it to the garage it went off. To identify the problem they need the light on at the time.

I replaced the batteries but the light persisted. After 2 weeks as expected the steering lock failed and completely shut down the car. Luckily the failure coincided with the recall and it was all sorted in no time.

Get in touch with your dealer and mention the steering lock recall

Hi all thanks for your replies, I had the orange symbol on the small display screen indicating key battery was low about 2 weeks ago so replaced the battery straight away as I feared getting stranded. I have read many posts about steering lock failure, my car was registered sept 2010 so maybe this could be the issue, if dealer hasn't contacted me with appointment by mid day tomorrow I'll give them another poke and maybe I'll be a little firmer this time and ask to be put through to their service dept directly rather than waiting for a call back. I've only had the car for six weeks and since then have got a lot of info from this forum and am quite worried about the dreaded steering lock failure. If the light is not on as it is intermittent will a fault code be detectable or will the warning light have to be on for the daly to show up? I will be certain to mention the recall issue when in touch with dealer. Will post as and when I get info from dealer thanks for now

Andy

• 7 months later...

Hi, I’ve just noticed the red light flashing on dashboard when I’ve locked the car, is that what you had? Last couple of trips I’ve inserted the key in case it’s the battery, did changing the battery get rid?

Cheers

Hi, I’ve just noticed the red light flashing on dashboard when I’ve locked the car, is that what you had? Last couple of trips I’ve inserted the key in case it’s the battery, did changing the battery get rid?

Cheers

Went back to dealer, who couldn't reproduce error and no fault codes found so just got new batteries fitted and it's not happened since, now and then I have to put key into slot as it says no key but then it's ok after that

'No key' lights up if it does not detect yours and even though it is within Nissan's stated detection limit - not uncommon in my experience.

Do suggest you check out what I have said in previous post though - if in doubt have a read of these:

http://www.350z-uk.c...-recall-action/

http://www.350z-uk.c...eed-for-action/

The last thing you would want is to be stranded somewhere and the car has to be towed to a dealer.

Cheers

As far as I know, the light is supposed to flash when the car is locked - it's just telling you the immobiliser is active. tattooandy67's was coming on while driving, so that's a different issue.

Looking at your plate in the pic is the VIN no. within the range said above ^^^ If so it may be the steering lock issue - ask the dealer if your car has been done.

Thanks Ebized, check vin and mine ends in 0150 so think I'm good, cheers.

Cheers

As far as I know, the light is supposed to flash when the car is locked - it's just telling you the immobiliser is active. tattooandy67's was coming on while driving, so that's a different issue.

Can't say I've noticed it before, will try charging the key and or changing the battery, thanks all for advice/tips.