next Z - maybe

neo

It is called keeping the brand image fresh... :p

Japanese cars normally have 3-4 year lifespan between full model changes... to ensure models don't get to "dated"

;launched 2002 and minor changed 2006 it was really due a new model in 2007 instead they slapped a new engine and bonnet, retrimmed and held back a little due to the still popular current model...

Now releasing a full model change in 09 is good business... :thumbs:

Still gonna be the bollox, and I like the folding hardtop roadster idea :thumbs:

Still not sure what we're looking at in those pics though, the roof line has a crease at the front and the back which almost appears to be a to be a removeable top. Or is this a heavily disguised folding hardtop with a coupe's bits stuck on :disguise:

don't know quite what to believ as they reported the other week that the same car was gonna be a smaller version of the 350z ie the new 240z hence the shortended roof and doors. How can this be the new 350z if it is smaller.

How can this be the new 350z if it is smaller.

Cos they just make stuff up to sell magazines! They havent really got a clue what it is... :)

Exactly! :D

The truth is, the press know no more than any of you guys. Even I don't know the full details.

Alot of people now think this is not a nissan at all but infact its just the body being used to test the new Toyota FT-HS

Where on earth did you hear that? That is ridiculous :wacko:

There are much better and cheaper ways of disguising a car without doing that sort of thing, which I'm not sure they'd get away with anyway!

Besides I work with the guy driving it, so unless he's moved to Toyota in the last week, it's definately a Nissan! :p

Alot of people now think this is not a nissan at all but infact its just the body being used to test the new Toyota FT-HS

Where on earth did you hear that? That is ridiculous :wacko:

There are much better and cheaper ways of disguising a car without doing that sort of thing, which I'm not sure they'd get away with anyway!

Besides I work with the guy driving it, so unless he's moved to Toyota in the last week, it's definately a Nissan! :p

You live in Germany? It was also spotted out test driving with another Toyota prototype

No I live in the UK, but I'm an engineer at Nissan's Technical Centre in Cranfield, so we have a massive part to play in developing the performance characteristics of the car (Europe leads the world in this respect, so if it's good for Europe, it's good for anywhere!). The guy driving the car works for our dynamic performance group based in Germany. I think that the photos were taken near the Nurburgring, as one I've seen in an earlier thread shows the car pulling into our workshop (you'll notice the other zeds, micra and Infiniti G35 parked up too) ;)

The other Toyota prototype you refer to may have just been there by coincidence, it is the ring afterall, and most of the worlds motor manufacturers use the public roads for evaluation. :thumbs:

If they are Nurburg' photos any one day you could see 2 perhaps even three test vehicles camouflaged. And they will use similar roads...

As far as I remember

BMW/MERC/AUDI have workshops around there

FORD have a workshop there

HONDA (seen the latest NSX camouf piccies?)

TOYOTA have workshop and TRD/Lexus in KOLN (I think...)

NISSAN...

and no doubt a few koreans, chinese, italians etc...

So spotting two different makes testing camouflaged cars is not rare...

IF you come to Millbrook , in Bedfordshire and park outside , the proving ground you'll spot at least 3 different makes with camouflaged cars... (AstMart, Nissan, GM)

:thumbs: