fox 0 350Z 1

350Zoro

Hi guys

i have unfortunately hit a fox last night. The poor animal ran towards the hedge and then stupidly ran back to the middle of the road. I could not have swerved by that point.

Can you please share your experiences/opinions on what I can do with my cracked bumper? The bumper on my Ebisu black 350Z has cracked on thr right hand side where the vertical orange light cluster is.

Can I get this repaired? or do I need a new bumper off ebay or scrapyard?

Can you please advise where to get a bumper from? When it is re-resprayed will it look newer than the rest of the car?

I can get a 199 pound bumper in black off Ebay. It has stone chips and scratches. Can I get it resprayed and fitted for 100 quid?

I am just trying to see how much it will ring me?

post-17310-0-98523200-1384183625_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your help. greatly appreciated

Regards

What does the fox say ? ?

Sorry mate had to be said :lol:

Its not that bad, I would think its repariable however if not then you have 2 choices. Give Zmanalex/Clarks and see what they have, is it facelift or prefacelift?

If prefacelift you will get one no bother and just get it sprayed. Black isn't the worst colour for a body shop to match so no big deal :thumbs:

I would aviod getting one the same colour because it never is as I bought a sunset nismo spoiler and it was miles off so ended up spraying anyways. I paid more than I wanted for it aswell just because it was sunset.

You could also take this chance to upgrade the front bumper, take a V2 or amuse off RT and get that sprayed and installed.

If it isn't a facelift then I have 2 front bumpers in azure that need prep and respray work anyway....must remember to list them on here this weekend with the skirts and other stuff

I think you would be looking at more than £100 for the repsray of an entire front bumper

The bumper on my Ebisu black 350Z has cracked on thr right hand side where the vertical orange

That (metallic) colour means it is a facelift version.

Good shout :thumbs:

Facelift parts are hard to come by and you will have to dig deep no doubt, best just go see a body shop and see what they make of it :thumbs:

Thanks guys for the steer - I appreciate it.

I will take it to a bodyshop this weekend. The car is a 58 reg so it is post facelift. Will see if it can be fixed and if not I will search for a second hand bumper online.

I am sorry to hear about your encounter with the boar. A friend of mine hit a deer in Wisconsin (can't be far off a boar!) and it was devastation. VW Passat turned VW Polo in an instant. He was 6 foot 4 and now he is 5 foot 2. Yes the car was totalled.