Swapping Falkens LH-RH

Daryl

Is it possible to swap the 452's from the LH side to the RH side? Im replacing the RH front tyre for a brand new one, and was thinking that as the LH one is more worn, due to living in MK, then If i could put the new one on the LH side, i can even the wear out abit, same with the rears. I cant see why not, but wanted to check.

I know in an ideal world with loads of money to burn id just swap all 4 tyres, but i dont have money to burn,and just wondering if its safe to swap the lefts for the rights so that i can get more life out of them and then swap all 4.

I would of thought no as they are directional and if you swapped,then the arrow would be facing other way,not sure how much of an effect it would have but they were balanced to go the other way so maybe some dodgy wear of tyres might occur? Hopefully some tyre god will be along soon to confirm

Edited by jumping350

It's been a few years since I've had 452s but I'm pretty sure you can put them on any side.

They have a semetrical pattern I think, and have a direction of rotation not an inside/outside.

So as long as you remove the tyre and fit it to the rh wheel in the right direction it will be fine. You can't just take the lh wheel off and put it on the rh side though or the rotation will be wrong.

It's been a few years since I've had 452s but I'm pretty sure you can put them on any side.

They have a semetrical pattern I think, and have a direction of rotation not an inside/outside.

So as long as you remove the tyre and fit it to the rh wheel in the right direction it will be fine. You can't just take the lh wheel off and put it on the rh side though or the rotation will be wrong.

I was going to get the tyres swapped off the rims yes, and everything that iv seen on the tyre says that its directional, but not sided. Iv had a new one delivered, and wanted to put it on the front left, as that one is more worn than the front right, so can even the wear out, same with the rears. Living in a town full of roundabouts has its disadvantages and its advantages

You can have a directional tyre, or a sided tyre... You cant have both, otherwise you'd need to specify either a RH or LH when ordering a tyre, and i cant think of any where that is the case.

The 452s are directional so as long as they're rotating the right way they can go on either side.

+1 - I agree with this

I wouldn't. Based upon what you say, wear is as critical as anything.

You say the LHS is worn more than the RHS, so putting a tyre that's quite worn on with a tyre that's brand new is asking for trouble. No different to running mismatched tyres across an axle in terms of unbalancing the car, and you wouldn't do that.