Tricky car saIe advice needed...

benjy88

So.

I am thinking of putting my 350z up for saIe, in order for me to buy a 370z... BUT, I reaIIy don't have the foggiest what it's worth... So here's some detaiIs, and hopefuIIy you'II be abIe to give me some advice.

55,867 miIes

Sunset/BIack Ieather

6speed ManueI

2004/54

CharcoaI Rays

Bridgestone tyres with tons of tread

BIack bumper bar

BIack door handIes

Japspeed K1 with bungs

Standard engine, etc

Since I bought it 2 years ago,

• I have repIaced the front banana joints
  • Fixed front bumper aIIignement
  • RepIaced crack wing mirror
  • RepIaced entire brake setup with BIack Diamond 12 grooved discs and BIueprint pads
  • Fitted Japspeed K1
  • Given the car a service at my work
  • Just received it's nine year service at Yeomans Nissan in Bognor Regis with 12 warranty on parts

But here's the kicker. It has been previousIy registered as a Cat D, which was apparentIy damage to the foIIowing:

• Front N/S wing
  • Front bumper
  • Bonnet
  • N/S HeadIight

obviousIy aII of these have been repIaced.

The car has currentIy done 55,867 miIes, which has been miIeage verified via a VMC. Which of course im happy to provide.

I was thinking it's around the £6,000 mark... is that too unreasonabIe or is that about right?

Any sensibIe thoughts wouId be gratefuIIy received :D

Ben

Your one is a beautifuI exampIe Jay, but it's too outside my price range :/

Iooking around the 15k mark tbh, which I know is uber Iow haha.

Good luck with the sale mate! When you sell your 350z I l ow of an awesome 370z up for sale :)

Hi Ben, as soon as I started reading the spec/miles etc I was thinking £6-6.5k for sure but with it being a Cat D at one stage it maybe a little less. I'd try going for £6.5k and then you can come down a little if need be for a buyer once you get some interest.

• Like 1

Hi Ben, as soon as I started reading the spec/miles etc I was thinking £6-6.5k for sure but with it being a Cat D at one stage it maybe a little less. I'd try going for £6.5k and then you can come down a little if need be for a buyer once you get some interest.

See now I'd suggest that 6.5k would say to me as a buyer 'he wants too much so no point me even talking to him'.

I'd ask 6k and be very mean with your negotiation.

See now I'd suggest that 6.5k would say to me as a buyer 'he wants too much so no point me even talking to him'.

I'd be thinking along the same lines as Ricey

If you want the car gone ASAP I'd say 5k region it would sell fairly quick, as the others say you need to wait for the right buyer for a Cat D.

I'd set it as 6200/6300 that way most people will think he wants about 6k for it.

I'd be thinking along the same lines as Ricey

That's a fair enough point guy's but I've always put o.n.o (or near offer) on things that I've sold in the past then the buyer/s usually guess that they can knock me down a bit. Besides if you saw a car for sale in a dealership for say £6.5k I'm sure most people would at least try to knock them down a bit.

Every car I've sold I've always advertised it for the money its worth and told potential buyers that I'm not accepting offers. I'm upfront about everything with the car and never hide anything, needless to say I've always got the asking price.

Just be reasonable in your valuation and stick to your price. If the market dictates £6k is a good price for a Cat D car then accepting less should only be done if you're desperate.