A delicate question - ouch!

nixy

You may or may not want to answer this but.........has anyone on here had a vasectomy? I'm trying to persuade my other half and even the mere mention of an injection in the family jewels makes his eyes water - so I need some nice positive stories about how it doesn't hurt a bit! :thumbs:

Oh flipping typical. Get me an answer from a real man quick! ;)
Lol, you know im kidding.

What is the situation that made you ask him to have one or if he would consider it?

I was going to have one with my ex for personal reasons (yes i know i am still young and all) however i am very glad i didnt.

Her Dad also had one and yes it REALLY hurt when it was done.

Well we DEFINITELY don't want any kids - we have a grown up one each. And without turning this into an episode of loose women - I can't take the ladies tablet anymore due to health reasons.

Well we DEFINITELY don't want any kids - we have a grown up one each. And without turning this into an episode of loose women - I can't take the ladies tablet anymore due to health reasons.
In that case, i would say it may be good to go for it, that was why i was going to have one as i was with my ex for 4 years, had a kid and she had one from a previous relationship that i was fathering too. I didnt nor did she want anymore children as i think 2 is enough for me.

What you have to remember is it is still not 100% effective in stopping the little soldiers doing their job.

Be safe, wrap up well :thumbs:

My brother in law and best friend have had this done. They are now both proud new parents!!!

My Brother is also planning on doing it but he keeps delaying it for some reason??

To be truthful i wouldn't do it, maybe i'll change my mind in years to come but i don't think its a bad thing. Both the people i know that have had it done says it doesn't hurt. They were back on their feet within a day.

I haven't as I'm a youngster. If it comes to the crunch then I'd definately be the one to go in for the snip. It's a minor procedure and doesn't really effect anything from what I've heard!

On the other hand if a women goes in it's a fairly serious operation and it can have psychological effects on a woman too.

I am in the same position as my other half is 11 years younger and says I am past it, but I keep pointing out if she won’t gets or pedigree Boxer Dog done then why should I.

But she got the kids rabbit done a few weeks back (new name Nonuts) and judging by the blank look on his face, I can see my pipe and slippers approaching.

One of my mates offshore got it done and said he went off sex for about a month or so. After that he said it was back to normal, in fact better he reckoned.....

Offshore bys having to speak about by the way....

I had the snip immediately after having our 3rd (our fantastic bonus for being good) She is 8 years younger than her brother and sister.

If your absolutely sure that you dont want any kids then I beleive the snip is a far better and safer way than for a histo.

Although of course life throws a few curve balls, my wife and I split after 23 years of marriage and I have now met another wonderful woman. My point here is things change and the snip can be reversed. I met an old friend over the weekend and he had his snip reversed and he is now the very proud father of and 18 month and 3 year old boys. But if you ask me he must be mad to have young kids at 50.

About the op :- It does NOT hurt. BUT you must rest thoroughly after it. Go to bed and stay there for at least a day.

Good luck

Mark