It's started already!

Griffos

Finally! 4 months after buying Zed the first additions have started. Zed currently already has a HKS exhaust system, fully adjustable coil-overs and a D1 spec throttle computer fitted to it so it was now time to add in my little touches. First things first, my lovely hubby surprised me by nicking the car and taking it over to Ultimate Wraps in merry hill and getting the rear lights tinted for my birthday. They look fab so next step is looking at getting the wheels sprayed orange with metallic flake. What do you all think?

th_0a04637792025e77f8da02f52f5043b4.jpg

Edited by Griffos

I think those exhaust tips need a good polish!

+1 :lol: Other than that your Zed looks lovely Griffos. I'm with chubbster though as I wouldn't get the wheels painted orange. Seen some lovely alloys painted in silver shadow recently which looked great. Just an idea but it's your car so make it how you like it. :thumbs:

Detroitwich bud!

Oh yeah, remembered now! :lol:

+1 On the Autosol. But looking at those exhaust tips, I'd pick up a large tube of elbow grease too :p

I don't think they will need that much polishing but its the burnt tips that go bad, they will not look blue again even after polishing.

Found that out recently when I sold the Scoob, I ran out of elbow grease on that occasion.

Personally I'm not into the strange colours as it makes it a look a bit chavvy and that's coming from a 24 year old.

Save the money and get new rims, I don't think you can beat these B)

29399260042_large.jpg

Edited by Hooch
  • Like 1

Don't have £600 for new ones! Do have a sprayer and a compressor tho!

I love the Rays alloys on the 350's and don't think I'll ever change mine. The colour thing Griffos is always a difficult question because everyone has different tastes & ideas of what looks good on cars. Really you should just make up your own mind ~ after all if there weren't people like you trying something a bit "louder" & different then we'd all be driving around in identical cars. :lol: As you've got a spray gun/compressor I'd maybe be tempted to paint one wheel orange and then another in the purple pearl clear coat. That way you can offer up both wheels to the car and see what look's best in your opinion. ;) Edited by GMballistic

I think ill wrap one in orange vinyl rather than paint it. It will be easier to remove than paint if we decide purple is the way forward. I think having dark rims will make the car look like a blob, everything will be black or close to it. I think nice bright orange rims will at least give the arches some definition. I know Mrs griffo doesn't agree, it's also her car really so I guess purple will win in the end

I want to keep the rays to be honest, I think they really suit the car. I'm going to order some purple pearl and clear coat today and see what I can come up with. I already have a litre of the blackest paint I could find, turned out to be a mazda black. That will be the base coat then I'll lay some pearl over until I get the desired effect.

• Like 1