Oh God, I'm so tempted by this.........

Digsy

I have a soft spot for these. I think the hard top version look MEAN! lol

I would have thought that an M tuned BM would handle better than the Zed, they have weight 50/50 split don't they? Not as heavy as the M3 either are they?

If you put cost into the equations when comparing these 3 cars Trev mentions, then I can see how the Zed would win. Great value for money.

However, cost asside I would prefer the other 2.

As for handling, I can't imagine the Zed winning over a Porker. Didn't the Cayman S come within a gnats wisker of a 911 around the Nurgurgring.

I remember Top Gear saying it would have beat the 911 if it had a limited slip diff.

As for handling, I can't imagine the Zed winning over a Porker. Didn't the Cayman S come within a gnats wisker of a 911 around the Nurgurgring.

I remember Top Gear saying it would have beat the 911 if it had a limited slip diff.

You're absolutely right Kev. The Cayman came out top overall, but the Zed beat the Z4 in most areas including handing and driveability.

You're absolutely right Kev. The Cayman came out top overall, but the Zed beat the Z4 in most areas including handing and driveability.

Not surprising really. Mid engine and the fact the car was built for that kind of power etc. The Z4M however is a Z4 with a lot of power so I guess it's controlling it. I have to say though, the BMW traction control/stability system is excellent. My car recently had a recall on a steering position sensor and about a week before it was due to go in to be fixed it started playing up and disabling the DSC. The car was a nightmare whenever it happened. With it on it just sorts itself out, sometimes without you even really noticing much.

Don't listen to them Digs they know nothing:P

I'm back on the trial of Z4M, we can set up a new forum.

Soooo glad I didn't buy from new!!

And I'm telling you from experience if I was in the Z4M I'd toast your sorry arses!!

See, I'm allready becomeing a wank3r, it's great!:angry::angry::angry::boxing::boxing::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:blush:

WHY????

IMHO it does not look a patch on the Zed and lets be honest 95% of the time we are all sat in traffic somewhere anyway so looks have to come high on the list otherwise we would all drive EVO's.

For that sort of money you could have a Turbo Zed with any selection of custom leather trim and still get plenty of spare cash and let someone else carry the depreciation!! Your car would then be:-

a. More powerful

b. Better looking

c. Unique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don;t get me wrong I like BMW's. I have had a 535iSE and loved it and I would take back all of the above for an M6 in the twinkling of an eye (I know I know that makes me a hypocrit) I jst think the shape is all wrong!!

Ming the Zed happy

I did say at the time that those who buy these things new will take a hit. :teeth:

I may go and see this one at the weekend.......

wear some steel underpants , for when the BM dealer kicks you between the legs with your P/ex ;)

I did say at the time that those who buy these things new will take a hit. :teeth:

I may go and see this one at the weekend.......

wear some steel underpants , for when the BM dealer kicks you between the legs with your P/ex ;)

I got a cracking trade in on my Zed. I think it all depends in the salesman.

I got a cracking trade in on my Zed. I think it all depends in the salesman.

yeah Kev, AND the cost of your beemer! ;)

Because my car was only a year old he called loads of Nissan dealers for a trade in price and 2 were interested so it went to the highest price. I guess the price of my car focussed his attentions lets say...:lol:

WHY????

IMHO it does not look a patch on the Zed and lets be honest 95% of the time we are all sat in traffic somewhere anyway so looks have to come high on the list otherwise we would all drive EVO's.

For that sort of money you could have a Turbo Zed with any selection of custom leather trim and still get plenty of spare cash and let someone else carry the depreciation!! Your car would then be:-

a. More powerful

b. Better looking

Don;t get me wrong I like BMW's. I have had a 535iSE and loved it and I would take back all of the above for an M6 in the twinkling of an eye (I know I know that makes me a hypocrit) I jst think the shape is all wrong!!

Ming the Zed happy

I understand your thinking Ming and I've toyed with the idea of FI but I do up to 15k miles a year and from everything I've read a turbo'd Zed isn't a daily driver. Personally, I like the shape - not as pretty as the Zed but muscular and compact with wonderful 60s sports car proportions. The old M3 engine is a gem too.

I guess I get bored easily (this is the first car I've kept for 2 years plus this century) and I think it might be time to move on. Then again I may hate it! :teeth:

WHY????

a. More powerful

b. Better looking

Ming the Zed happy

I understand your thinking Ming and I've toyed with the idea of FI but I do up to 15k miles a year and from everything I've read a turbo'd Zed isn't a daily driver. Personally, I like the shape - not as pretty as the Zed but muscular and compact with wonderful 60s sports car proportions. The old M3 engine is a gem too.

I guess I get bored easily (this is the first car I've kept for 2 years plus this century) and I think it might be time to move on. Then again I may hate it! :teeth:

Cayman?