Oh God, I'm so tempted by this.........

Digsy

WHY????

IMHO it does not look a patch on the Zed and lets be honest 95% of the time we are all sat in traffic somewhere anyway so looks have to come high on the list otherwise we would all drive EVO's.

For that sort of money you could have a Turbo Zed with any selection of custom leather trim and still get plenty of spare cash and let someone else carry the depreciation!! Your car would then be:-

a. More powerful

b. Better looking

c. Unique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don;t get me wrong I like BMW's. I have had a 535iSE and loved it and I would take back all of the above for an M6 in the twinkling of an eye (I know I know that makes me a hypocrit) I jst think the shape is all wrong!!

Ming the Zed happy

I understand your thinking Ming and I've toyed with the idea of FI but I do up to 15k miles a year and from everything I've read a turbo'd Zed isn't a daily driver. Personally, I like the shape - not as pretty as the Zed but muscular and compact with wonderful 60s sports car proportions. The old M3 engine is a gem too.

I guess I get bored easily (this is the first car I've kept for 2 years plus this century) and I think it might be time to move on. Then again I may hate it! :teeth:

Cayman?

Nah, can't get on with the looks. :thumbdown:

I think a couple of you are missing the point, we've had the Zed now for a couple of years, and it's as much about trying something else, yes the Zeds mint, but for the price of a new Nismo'd zed (or there about) I rather drive a Z4M, and I have driven one, and it's ace, it has the extra power which the Zed is missing.

And in a couple of years I'll try something else..... and so on.

Variety is the spice of life ..... and all that bollock5

Exactly, if I had that much spare cash I'd be joining sarine!

Digs - had a look at the one they have at Williams Manchester (black)

A bit of dodgy history though and a massive wananty issue, something to do with it missing it;s first service which is a big issue on the M cars?

They did say that they (the garage) would cover it if anything went wrong.

lovely car though!

If cash limited one of these would be worth having.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=16328 650 BHP/ton

if you got a bit more kicking around then http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=16349 at 1045 BHP/ton is the one to die for.

Digsy good luck with your search, I went to see the Z4 but it cannot have a tow bar no matter how many people you ask to check.

If cash limited one of these would be worth having.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=16328 650 BHP/ton

To be honest, if I ever get around to selling the zed, then I think thats what I'll do..... get a Caterham R series or something for the weekend and a little sporty hatch or something for the miles during the week...... all this paying through the nose for driving a decent car through the week gets right on my tits! :dry:

WHY????

IMHO it does not look a patch on the Zed and lets be honest 95% of the time we are all sat in traffic somewhere anyway so looks have to come high on the list otherwise we would all drive EVO's.

For that sort of money you could have a Turbo Zed with any selection of custom leather trim and still get plenty of spare cash and let someone else carry the depreciation!! Your car would then be:-

a. More powerful

b. Better looking

c. Unique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don;t get me wrong I like BMW's. I have had a 535iSE and loved it and I would take back all of the above for an M6 in the twinkling of an eye (I know I know that makes me a hypocrit) I jst think the shape is all wrong!!

Ming the Zed happy

I understand your thinking Ming and I've toyed with the idea of FI but I do up to 15k miles a year and from everything I've read a turbo'd Zed isn't a daily driver. Personally, I like the shape - not as pretty as the Zed but muscular and compact with wonderful 60s sports car proportions. The old M3 engine is a gem too.

I guess I get bored easily (this is the first car I've kept for 2 years plus this century) and I think it might be time to move on. Then again I may hate it! :teeth:

Cayman?

Nah, can't get on with the looks. :thumbdown:

I understand the moving on thing. I usually spend a small fortune getting the car exactly as I want it and then SELL IT!!

Not there yet so more than happy with the Zed but there will come a time!!

Ming the considered

I think a couple of you are missing the point, we've had the Zed now for a couple of years, and it's as much about trying something else, yes the Zeds mint, but for the price of a new Nismo'd zed (or there about) I rather drive a Z4M, and I have driven one, and it's ace, it has the extra power which the Zed is missing.

And in a couple of years I'll try something else..... and so on.

Variety is the spice of life ..... and all that bollock5

Agreed 100%.

I want to own and drive as many nice cars as I can, I can't possibly stick to one car, although there are a few that I keep coming back to.

Nice car at a nice price but I'm not committed enough to go all that way to see it. They reckon the Roadster doesn't handle as well but I doubt a numpty like me would notice the difference. :blush:

Good luck Digs :thumbs:

I've gotta be honest the more I see the M (which is every day working next to a BM dealer) the more it grows on me.

And that engine, that engine, that engine, that engine, that engine oh and then there's that engine............. :teeth: