Ad's Tablet Install

Adem

How does the trim/housing running down the middle of the car remove (inbetween the seats), I could not see how to remove it, does it just unclip?

Do you mean the surround around the gearstick with the climate control dials on? if so then yes just grip on the ring (around the gearstick) and pull it up towards you :)

If you meant the whole center consol (everything after the gear surround) i.e. armrest and cubby, then you will need to first remove the gear surround anyway remove two phillips screws, pull your ashtray out and undo a philips screw inside, push your seats all the way forward to expose two more phillips screws either side of the centre console (either side of your armrest cubby) then carefully lift it out (make sure the handbrake is pulled all the way up it should slip over) hope that helps :wacko:

Yes the latter more complicated, pain in the @rse part! Thank you for the info, if I ever want to do it now I know! Great post btw! Winning :thumbs:

Its really not too big a task removing it mate just have a little patients (It sound alot more complicated than it actualy is trust me) One thing I forgot to mention is that when you have undone the screws and are ready to pull it out there is a plug close to the gearstick underneith that will need to be popped of before you can remove it.

And thanks for the feedback :D

I don't think there is Aux input on the Appradio 2, so I may try an RCA spltter and then use a mini Jack (3.5mm Stereo) to 2 x phono leads. to go from the Nexus to the car amp. I could play from either the nexus or Appradio and if the Nexus proves to be more usable, I can sell the Appradio.

If you are thinking about losing the app radio anyway I'd sugest maybe doing that first and getting a simpler head unit with inputs for the tablet you wont need both right? and it will save you a few quid I'm sure over all :shrug:

I might take a look at installing the Nexus in the double din slot. There's a bit to consider, I enjoy listening to the radio and I have a rear camera.

Excellent job, I do love a bit off DD ;)

Does DD stand for Carbon Fiber cos there is a ton off that in your pic... and in your banner come to think of it.. (is there a theme here) :lol:

What's the top screen in yours bud, and did you fit it up yourself?

DD is either Double Din or ( o ) ( o ) I am a fan of both :lol:

The CF was nice yeah I a bit of a CF whore :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there is Aux input on the Appradio 2, so I may try an RCA spltter and then use a mini Jack (3.5mm Stereo) to 2 x phono leads. to go from the Nexus to the car amp. I could play from either the nexus or Appradio and if the Nexus proves to be more usable, I can sell the Appradio.

If you are thinking about losing the app radio anyway I'd sugest maybe doing that first and getting a simpler head unit with inputs for the tablet you wont need both right? and it will save you a few quid I'm sure over all :shrug:

I might take a look at installing the Nexus in the double din slot. There's a bit to consider, I enjoy listening to the radio and I have a rear camera.

There are some vids out there of people who have replaced the head unit all together with tablets (usually in the states) but i'd recomend keeping the head unit for the camera and as a music interface for an all round simpler install (plus it looks cool as s**t to have two screens :lol:

Thanks a lot for this guide Ads. It's helped me get my galaxy note 2mounted in the car. Here's a couple of pics, just need to sort out the trim round the edges.

I used a push to make button and mounted it next to the seat switches. I also managed to use the oem latch for the cubby with a bit of trimming.

hesu9uha.jpg

se6a8anu.jpg

8a9e2ave.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot for this guide Ads. It's helped me get my galaxy note 2mounted in the car. Here's a couple of pics, just need to sort out the trim round the edges.

I used a push to make button and mounted it next to the seat switches. I also managed to use the oem latch for the cubby with a bit of trimming.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Great job, :notworthy: very cool bro, glad I could help too, is this going to be an ongoing trend with 350z owners do you think ;)

Tidying up the edging isn't too tough, cant wait to see it then. Another thing I did when I first got my Zed was paint that part of the dash to tidy up the scratches and it came out wicked I noticed you had a few on yours (just a suggestion) I'd love to know how you get on with the GPS on the Samsung keep me posted!

http://www.350z-uk.c...console-revamp/

Edited by Adem

I tidied up my dash a bit with a new paint job, It was really quite tatty when I got it (lots of scratches, marks and stains) I decided to have a go at re-painting it and thought I'd share the results it looks really good (you would never know) ;)

20131003_151227_zps2e08c147.jpg

20131003_151232_zps05f1b303.jpg

20131003_151337_zpsfc4cb6b8.jpg

20131003_164117_zps05da0f61.jpg

20131005_113945_zps3ce3e373.jpg

Edited by Adem
  • Like 2

Would using a Bluetooth GPS receiver work?

A what now?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f2c249563

used when tablets and lap tops want a GPS signal.

My mate used to run a Bluetooth GPS with a PalmPilot for SatNav in his car, worked well :thumbs:

Still not sure I get it. Does it just boost the GPS signal of what ever you conect it to? And do you know if it would work with the Nexus I have in the car even if the tablet has other things conected to its bluetooth?

If your tablet has a decent GPS receiver built in, you should be fine. Nexus doesn't need an external GPS receiver imo.

However there is nothing to stop you using it, assuming your software supports it.

Adem it doesn't boost the signal just replaces it. Needed for tablets without a GPS receiver or ones with a poor signal.

If your tablet has a decent GPS receiver built in, you should be fine. Nexus doesn't need an external GPS receiver imo.

However there is nothing to stop you using it, assuming your software supports it.

Adem it doesn't boost the signal just replaces it. Needed for tablets without a GPS receiver or ones with a poor signal.

Got it thanks.. Sounds like it might solve my problem, I bought one suppose its worth a try :shrug:

Update: Bluetooth GPS gadget did the trick I now have working GPS on the Nuxus 7. Works really well now with both Google maps (tethered to my phone internet) and Co pilot with downloaded maps. Cheers for the info on that GPS thing I never knew there was such a thing. I got a budget one off amazon in the end so I imagine a good branded (tomtom or equivelent) would work even better!

Install complete, smiles all round :D :D :D

Edited by Adem