Ad's Tablet Install

Adem

I still haven't started my install, but I have 2 tablets to choose from, I have the Nexus 7 gen 1 and a Nook HD 7". Both work with the TomTom GPS receiver I picked up for £6.00. I the nook is slightly smaller and has a better screen, it also will give me video out. I want to use it with my Appradio 2 for some dual screen coolness.

Thanks a lot for this guide Ads. It's helped me get my galaxy note 2mounted in the car. Here's a couple of pics, just need to sort out the trim round the edges.

I used a push to make button and mounted it next to the seat switches. I also managed to use the oem latch for the cubby with a bit of trimming.

hesu9uha.jpg

se6a8anu.jpg

8a9e2ave.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Just being OCD but I woukd move the extra button to the middle so the heated seat switches are either side, thats what I did :blush:

Sent from the golf club...

I made a start on mine today. :teeth: I am using a Nook HD, I plan on doing a write up and have been taking a few photo's as I go along.

82141a39daae8493e87ba495fbb161d7.jpg

54e690041e06af13036aa3f6410f7b97.jpg

Oi... get that wallpaper off!! Im all for you guys 'steeling' my ideas but at least make yours 'look' orrigional.. ;)

Here's a couple of better pictures of the final install I think I'm going to redo the trims at some point or make a fibreglass one.

emuvazys.jpg

umevebep.jpg

sanavu5y.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Looks great mate you should be chuffed! :)

Almost as good as mine :stir:

Oi... get that wallpaper off!! Im all for you guys 'steeling' my ideas but at least make yours 'look' orrigional.. ;)

And you took the picture..........? ;)

funny you should mention that, I plan on taking a similar picture using my own sunset orange car so that the screen colour etc.. co-ordinate so with my trim. :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an appradio 2 but the apps are rubbish. It's the best looking double din unit though. The tablet is just perfect for installing

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

You mean like this...

So here's a quick video of my head unit. Bought the ARLiberator app so now I can use my head unit to control my phone's functions on the head unit.

I have an appradio 2 but the apps are rubbish. It's the best looking double din unit though. The tablet is just perfect for installing

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah I liked the look of them but the whole 'app' integration thing was rediculous and doomed to failure, apps & phones change too quickly to have a HU that integrates with them

It looks like the app radio would be good with the mirroring to your phone thing but I'd still rather have the tablet and head unit seperate (Mainly for the CD/DVD). I love the setup ive got now it all works seemlesly together and I'd recomend it to anyone that has the time to do it

It looks like the app radio would be good with the mirroring to your phone thing but I'd still rather have the tablet and head unit seperate (Mainly for the CD/DVD). I love the setup ive got now it all works seemlesly together and I'd recomend it to anyone that has the time to do it

DD FTW :yahoo:

DD FTW :yahoo:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...