Brake warning lights!

sfield21

In need of advice as I now currently have 3 warning lights (ABS and both traction control lights) Displaying constantly on my dash during travel. However they only come up once the brakes are applied hard (This being either at a standstill or moving).

Since Abbey changed my pads around March time to uprated ones the car has a sort of click/clunk when engaging the brakes when rolling anyone know what this could be and do you think this is related to my warning lights.

Otherwise when applying the brakes sternly you can hear the ABS pump/motor clicking like its spinning but not working.

I should get a diagnostic reading but thought it would be a good idea to ask first before I commit lots of ££££'s into it.

Yes I know but it's an hour drive and my partner not long after had are first littlen so it just left my mind if I'm honest, brake fluid is all full as well....before I have them a bell I wondered if anyone had experienced this.....maybe abs sensor or pump?

As Alex says, it can be very sensitive to the amount of brake fluid, check its bang on the full mark.

Also check your brake lights are coming on, those 3 lights came on for me because the brake switch was faulty.

Edited by Gudzy

I would give serious consideration to not driving the car until you at least have an idea of what the problem is. All three of those lights on after a hard brake would concern me somewhat.

It may just be a sensor, but it may be something else a bit more serious, and until you know for sure that's a hell of a risk.

Thanks for the advice, I have checked the brake fluid levels but I will give it a good going over to ensure its bang on the mark. The pads moving in the calliper is of no concern?

I understand the lights pose a risk which is why I am avoiding driving the car unless its short journeys , for work I have an alternative :)

In a new development the car has decided to eliminate the 3 lights and all ABS functioning normally.......and then the lights would re appear when using the car again.

Is the brake switch expensive and easy to change??

Might be worth disconnecting the battery and giving the switch a clean with electrical contact cleaner as that fixed mine temporarily.

The switch was about £40, I didn't fit it myself so don't know how easy it is to replace. It didn't take long at the garage.

Are your brake lights coming on when you press on the brake pedal?

Edited by Gudzy