1 month dealer warranty... (Y-pipe blowing)

Iron

Hi all

Had my 350z for just over a week, purchased from a dealer 2 hours away

Found out today one of the y-pipe flexi's is blowing...

Can I expect the dealer to sort, or will I be putting my hand in my pocket? I have phoned today but the "boss" doesn't work over the weekend and I need to call back Monday morning

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the replies, feel a bit less worried now!

Least if he does try and pull a fast one I've got some good facts to back up my claim.

I've emailed some pics of the blowing y-pipe to the dealer and will give their boss a call Monday morning to discuss repairs

Thanks again for the replies.. Appreciated

Under the Sale of Goods Act and Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations

Refunds

If a car is defective, unsafe or otherwise doesn't conform to its description, the Sale of Goods Act and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations (SOGA/SSGCR) give you rights across Europe to a refund, particularly if the fault occurs soon after buying, but also if there are problems a bit later on and there are unreasonable delays in getting the vehicle repaired or replaced. It's still best to complain about problems as soon as possible.

Repair and replacement

When you buy a defective car, repairs must not cause you significant inconvenience and the seller must bear all the costs. You can require the seller to reduce the purchase price if repairs or other remedies are unrealistic in a reasonable period of time.

Note that if you buy through an auction that you have – or could have – attended in person, your rights to refunds, repairs and replacements are more limited. These limitations don't apply to internet and telephone auctions.

Warranties and guarantees

After any warranty or guarantee period, or after six months, you might have to prove that any defect existed before you purchased. Guarantees are transferable to subsequent buyers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Need to see how co-operative they will be when I call tomorrow, it's a 4 hour round trip to the dealer and back and I guess I could insist they come and collect and repair and then delivery?

I'm going to suggest they get a quote for the works, then I take my car to my local (mate run) garage and send the agreed invoice to the dealer to pay.

Also looks like the y-pipe is properly corroded to the cat and don't think it will be a simple swap over...cat might need the bolts whizzing off and then drilled... Have to see how it goes.

Defo planning an upgrade though, makes perfect sense