5th and 6th gear issues

N3me-350z

Curiously does yours have a whine in neutral that stops when the clutch is depressed?

that is normal, its just the clutch release bearing, all zeds have this trait

That can also be caused the clutch crakshaft spigot or bush.

This is what im thinking Could the input bearing be worn to a point its put pressure on 5th/6th gear syncros to the points its damaged them making the grind when shifted fast?

It doesn't say what make of oil was used.. It's really weird mine does it at any speed, if I shift it into gear slowly like an old man it doesn't touch but fast shifting it hits and makes a horrible crunching noise, think I might have to take it to a garage to have a look, anyone know of good ones around Hertfordshire?

Resent this! As an old man I do not consider my gear changing slow !!!

:p

Hehe I'm talking about non 350z owners that are old.... Dig ... dig ...dig ... have I got out my own hole yet lol ;)

I will let you off only is you agree Papa the Smurf man is older than me lol!

Edited by 4RE Leather

It doesn't say what make of oil was used.. It's really weird mine does it at any speed, if I shift it into gear slowly like an old man it doesn't touch but fast shifting it hits and makes a horrible crunching noise, think I might have to take it to a garage to have a look, anyone know of good ones around Hertfordshire?

Hehe I'm talking about non 350z owners that are old.... Dig ... dig ...dig ... have I got out my own hole yet lol ;)

I probably am but am I bovvered? :):shrug:

i have no idea if they are or not but sod it, your defo younger :D

Recieved my oil and molyslip today and just had it changed for £10 :) ... First impressions.. It hasn't fixed the problem, still crunching 5th and 6th :(

As I've only just had it done do you guys think it might get better with some millage?

Otherwise what's next to try?

Well mine wasnt crunching, just a little stiff from 1st to 2nd but i changed oil with molyslip like you did.

I did find that it was an immeadiate difference to the feel of the gear change. Maybe worth taking it ot someone who knows zeds to investigate, dont want to scare monger but could be synchro???

Recieved my oil and molyslip today and just had it changed for £10 :) ... First impressions.. It hasn't fixed the problem, still crunching 5th and 6th :(

As I've only just had it done do you guys think it might get better with some millage?

Mine is only crunching in 5th, which is fine because I never use 5th :teeth: 4th to 6, if you need 5th you are driving too fast :lol::thumbs:

Mine is only crunching in 5th, which is fine because I never use 5th :teeth: 4th to 6, if you need 5th you are driving too fast :lol::thumbs:

shame mine does it on 6th :/ Say about 4k Revs in 4th straight to 6th and you can hear it crunching it :(

Slower speeds under 60mph and it slots in perfectly fine.

shame mine does it on 6th :/ Say about 4k Revs in 4th straight to 6th and you can hear it crunching it :(

Slower speeds under 60mph and it slots in perfectly fine.

Ahh not had that tbh, only time I noticed it was when I was 5K+ in 4th going up to 5th... just enjoy the crunch or stop canning it :lol:

• Like 1