Metal polish for headlights?

nowhereboy

I've just found some megs metal polish in my garage and I'm sure I've read somewhere that this stuff can be used to sort out the headlights, mine are very misty looking.

I have tried searching but couldn't find much on the subject, will this stuff work? How do I go about doing it?

Cheers!

It'll work. Get a microfiber cloth, and apply some polish to it, then polish the light, leave it to dry for 10 minutes then buff off with another microfiber, simple as :thumbs: May take a few goes though, depending on how bad it is.

• Like 1

The megs stuff worked an absolute treat, took less than 10 minutes and both of the headlights look much better!

Happy days.

The stuff is legendary! I think the UV coating is on the inside of the lens, but it should really be on the outside. So might be worth while looking into it so it doesn't happen again.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Yea I need to seal mine. It looked good for about two days but then the misted look started to come back.

I'm going to order something to seal it with now.

Actually on another detailing note, does anyone know if I can buy anything to tidy up the black rubber trim that surrounds the windows etc? Mine has started to fade and go white in places, must be something I can do to freshen them up?

Yea I need to seal mine. It looked good for about two days but then the misted look started to come back.

Actually on another detailing note, does anyone know if I can buy anything to tidy up the black rubber trim that surrounds the windows etc? Mine has started to fade and go white in places, must be something I can do to freshen them up?

Someone posted something up recently, I can't remember the name of the product, but it was something armour, or armour something. It's a wipe and the more you use it the more black it gets...

• Like 1

You should be able to use the Gtechniq C4 for that too

• Like 1