Any experience of Godspeed discs?

Streetwise Hercules

I've ordered a set of Yellowstuff pads and am looking for a slight upgrade on the discs for my GT4. Had a set of Godspeeds on an Impreza I used to own as they are quite well regarded over on Scoobynet but can't find anything about them over here.

I was going to just fit a set of Pagid discs but, whilst they seem liked on this board, they're not as popular as they used to be on other forums.

Any thoughts welcome.

Any thoughts on why Pagids might have a shaky reputation elsewhere?

Nope... Pretty sure Pagid do (or at least, did) the OEM brakes for various Porker, Bimmer and Vauxhall marques over the years... so they can't be that bad for general motoring. Might be different if you're tracking it, but then you wouldn't expect an OEM pad to be ok on track....

Thanks for the responses (what are you waving at Wasso?).

I've gone for the Godspeeds.

I did a bit more reading (they get great reviews on the lancerregister amongst others too) and it only really confirmed the impression I previously had of them; that they provide really good kit and usually a fantastic service.

Besides, at £130 for a pair of discs I'm happy to be the board guinea pig and report back on my findings.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the responses (what are you waving at Wasso?).

I've gone for the Godspeeds.

I did a bit more reading (they get great reviews on the lancerregister amongst others too) and it only really confirmed the impression I previously had of them; that they provide really good kit and usually a fantastic service.

Besides, at £130 for a pair of discs I'm happy to be the board guinea pig and report back on my findings.

Will keep you posted.

Please do :thumbs: more value for money options can only be a good thing, might help to stop some people way overpaying for products just because it's what everyone else uses :)

I'm waving at the fact Godspeed haven't got a clue when it comes to refurbishing calipers or painting them.

3 attempts at getting it right and 3 months.

Customer support is crap and their attitude stinks.

That was some wave.

:lol:

True. We all learn by mistakes and had I just paid a little bit more and got a better service.

Although whether their disks are any good is another question. I personally wouldn't touch their workmanship.

But if you want a recommendation the DBA's are great. :thumbs: