Query about the clocks

nixy

Jurgen from JM-Imports has just called me after returning from a week away, he was driving my car which he said is absolutely spot on like new!!

The bad news is I can't pick it up until a week on saturday now because the leather can't be done until next Thursday. Aaaggh the agony!

Anyway, Jurgen has asked me to post a query on here about the three little clocks above the head unit. I'm not sure if I understand him correctly but here goes:

The car has obviously been converted from Kilometres to miles and the main speedo shows you what your speed is in MPH but he says one of the smaller trio of clocks shows KPH digitally. Has anyone had this converted? I think that's what he means...........

And the good news - it has a DVD player - not tested as yet but fingers crossed! Anyway, back to another week of torture and 'Chavstra' driving!

Jurgen from JM-Imports has just called me after returning from a week away, he was driving my car which he said is absolutely spot on like new!!

The bad news is I can't pick it up until a week on saturday now because the leather can't be done until next Thursday. Aaaggh the agony!

Anyway, Jurgen has asked me to post a query on here about the three little clocks above the head unit. I'm not sure if I understand him correctly but here goes:

The car has obviously been converted from Kilometres to miles and the main speedo shows you what your speed is in MPH but he says one of the smaller trio of clocks shows KPH digitally. Has anyone had this converted? I think that's what he means...........

And the good news - it has a DVD player - not tested as yet but fingers crossed! Anyway, back to another week of torture and 'Chavstra' driving!

What's he doing to the leather?

Nixy , centre gauges will automatically convert to read in MPH, but will still have KPH on gauge , only other anomaly is instead of reading Miles per gallon it will actually read out in Miles / litre...(dont worry about it , you'll never use it anyway ;) )

I think Jurgen was just worried that it hadn't been done correctly and something had been missed but as you say, you won't use that one anyway. Oh by the way, the cheque's in the post for using your copyright........ :thumbs:

I think Jurgen was just worried that it hadn't been done correctly and something had been missed but as you say, you won't use that one anyway. Oh by the way, the cheque's in the post for using your copyright........ :thumbs:

B) look forward to seeing photos soon :thumbs:

Guest prescience
but really my point would be.... the UK should get rid of the imperial system and adopt metric like all sensible countries :teeth:

I'm just e-mailing the grid co-ordinates of your house to the US Department of Defense in Washington :lol:

but really my point would be.... the UK should get rid of the imperial system and adopt metric like all sensible countries :teeth:
+1 why we dont do that puzzles me

Nixy - it will look amazing if you do that! I love the seats in Tims car and Val's too, truly a great job :thumbs:

I did feel a bit ashamed of copying but it looked so great I couldn't resist! Hope mine turns out as well as Tim's.
dont be, everyone copies everyone anyway, if we dont see each others cars we wouldnt know what we like.

Im glad i went to the show on the weekend as i decided that i do not like the V2 nismo kit. If i didnt, i would never have known that.

Thats a different matter altogether , I think the rest of the world should adopt our system, Miles/ gallons , inches , chains , furlongs , etc. etc.. Pounds shillings and pence farthings , florins half crowns ...OOOhhh how we could confuse all the foreigners :p

Why not search for a second hand set of UK gauges?? There was a set on ebay a while back. I could be wrong but I think it'd work. I know the total distance traveled is stored in the main clocks rather than the ECU. This means the ECU doesn't necessarily have to be in km or miles. You can swap the main dials from UK to JDM and it knows to calculate the distance in miles or km. I did that with my Celica rather then going with the little black box conversion thingy. So I would guess that the ECU monitors the speed based on whatever wheel sensors and the clocks convert that figure to miles or km based on the UK or the rest of Europe clocks installed.

Nixy , centre gauges will automatically convert to read in MPH, but will still have KPH on gauge , only other anomaly is instead of reading Miles per gallon it will actually read out in Miles / litre...(dont worry about it , you'll never use it anyway ;) )

are you sure about this as i thought it was Kilometers / litre ....

and i know it wouldnt makes sense as the digital speedo reads mph but shows kph

however im getting a reading of around 10.5k's / litre now if this is in miles ie 10.5 miles to a litre as you say that would mean im getting 45-50mpg?????? on the other hand if it is in kilometers its 28mpg......

are you sure about this as i thought it was Kilometers / litre ....

and i know it wouldnt makes sense as the digital speedo reads mph but shows kph

however im getting a reading of around 10.5k's / litre now if this is in miles ie 10.5 miles to a litre as you say that would mean im getting 45-50mpg?????? on the other hand if it is in kilometers its 28mpg......

To be honest I've never bothered looking at the fuel consumption ever in the Eighteen months I've had the Zed..I'll check it out next time I use it :)