Oil Filter Change

FooFighter

I've got a service kit (thanks to Alex!), found a handy "how to" vid on Youtube and I'm about to take the plunge and change my own oil for the first time. Having nearly ruptured myself trying to get my brake caliper bolts off the other month, I am approaching this new job with caution. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good tool to get the oil filter off?

Many thanks

Ed

• Like 1

Oil filter tool from Halfords does the job, but you might not even need it. Mine was on hand tight.

An oil change is very easy though, difficult to get wrong. Just make sure you don't over fill or under fill.

Just a word of warning, the screws on the under tray on the Z are pants, so I recommend soaking them with a good penetrant spray. Expect a couple to break.

On the later 350z's you have to remove the oil tray to really get at anything. The aperture in it is so small it is not really fit for anything.

I like the KandN oil filter. Comes with a nut on the end of it so removal next time is a piece of cake. Good filter too :thumbs:

• Like 1

On the later 350z's you have to remove the oil tray to really get at anything. The aperture in it is so small it is not really fit for anything.

I like the KandN oil filter. Comes with a nut on the end of it so removal next time is a piece of cake. Good filter too :thumbs:

Thats what I use, the k&n gold performance one :thumbs: