Snow Foam!!

JordanHill

Also might be worth noting that snow foam will clean better on a dry car - there's really no need to rinse/soak first as this encourages the foam to run off quicker.

Didn't know that. Well that'll save me a bit of time today when I wash the car, Thanks. Edited by GMballistic

If you use a sponge after the snowfoam, you might as well use a sandblaster

I will be contentious ...

1) sponges are fine, I use them and prefer them to sheepskin mitts, which get clogged and is high maintence

2) snow foam, for me, is a detailing placebo. I've tried all the foams and now believe that a decent apc, appropriately diluted, is more effective at actually pre cleaning.

I do still use it, mainly in the underside of the car and the arches, purely due to cling... But mixed with apc

Getting a bit confused. I've been cleaning cars for decades and have always used a sponge!. Am I risking the paint work then or not in your opinions? What I tend to do is this; Using my jet washer I soak the entire car with water and remove loose dirt with the lance. Then I use a snow foam all over the vehicle. Rinse off, followed by going over the whole car with a sponge using the two bucket method ~ one with soap/warm water & the other to clean the sponge. Then I use a chamois clothe to dry the whole car. Opinions please, thanks.

Some people think sponges cause swirls. The reality is any poor technique will... the preferred sponge type to closed cell sponge, like a grout sponge, as the dirt doesn't get trapped in it.

My comment re the sheep skin mitt (e.g. wolly mammoth et al) is that they need brushing and drying properly otherwise the get hard and harbour bits of dirt which cause swirls.

I've now settled on a Microfibre Madness Incredimitt, which I think is the best bit of kit now. Mitt convenience, but machine washable and non of the downsides of real wool

Wooly Mammoth is a drying towel not a mitt.

Think he means Yeti's fist etc. I stick mine in the washing machine with my microfibers and haven't had a problem with it, I do have to brush it but that takes a minute or so, even if that means I can wash the car 5 times more without having to polish the swirls out I'm probably still saving time compared with the time taken polishing.

Wooly Mammoth is a drying towel not a mitt.

Think he means Yeti's fist etc. I stick mine in the washing machine with my microfibers and haven't had a problem with it, I do have to brush it but that takes a minute or so, even if that means I can wash the car 5 times more without having to polish the swirls out I'm probably still saving time compared with the time taken polishing.

Indeed I did.

Always get my wookies and mammoths mixed up....

Watch drive clean on you tube. Very good set of videos.

Thanks for that. Now there's even more stuff I need to buy. Lol. Seriously though very impressed with the two videos I've just watched. Thanks again for the help as I would't want to ruin my lovely Zed's gun metal colour paint work. B) Edited by GMballistic