Fuel

zxrob

Just put a deposit down on a 350z, sorry to ask, I know this question has probably been asked a trillion times, however :)

I know its 98 ron (super unleaed) to use, but my two local garages are BP, is their bp ultimatethe the same rating

What you guys/girls usings

Cheers Rob

Same here....super unleaded (tesco stuff cause its local) out of habit with previous cars.

However as the Zs engine is in quite a lowly state of tune (75/85 odd bhp per litre), not sure if its as critical as higher hp/ltr engines.

Edited by aidan

It's not about the power, it's about ignition timing of the fuel. Different octane ratings mean it'll ignite at different temperatures. Driving hard on the wrong fuel can secretly screw things up at the cost of a new engine.

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough on my original post, and this is now descending into the realm of "I only use this!" and "Nothing else will do for my Zed!". So, for absolute clarity:

Any fuel that conforms to BS 7800 is suitable for running in the 350Z.

In an emergency you may use fuel that conforms to BS EN228, but you must limit yourself to low revs (3k rpm and below) else you can damage your engine. This only applies to the DE engined cars, as the HR cars can adapt for the lower RON fuel.

Any fuel that meets BS 7800 can be used in the 350Z. That includes all BP, Shell, Tesco, Texaco, Gulf and whoever else I've missed super unleaded variants.

• Like 2

Yeh I read it, just getting a bit confused as other members say it's ok to use 97 ron fuel

Cheers Rob

Which is exactly what I said in my first post, and then I clarified it by quoting the BS number so if you're ever not sure, you need only look at the pump itself as all pumps have the BN numbers on them ;)

• Like 1