Anyone had Berks HFC's fail..**UPDATE 1st post**

glrnet

And if so what are the symptoms?

Here's my conundrum:-

I'm running a Milltek with Berks HFC's, The Milltek has done about 20k and the Berks 15K or so maybe less.

Just got back from holiday in SW France, during the course of 12 days we covered some 2000 miles and the car was fine. On the way home, specifically at the Eurotunnel terminal in Calais after a 9.5 hour 600 mile or so run the Exhaust sounded really "droney" and I experienced a very slight high frequency vibration through the clutch pedal when stationary and revving to about 2000 revs, the droning noise (which sounds zorsty) was quite pronounced as well.

The car has stood all night and is cold and just been out to it and it sounds absolutely normal so what do you guys think? It would be nice to have a few ideas before I take it to my local ramp and we start poking around underneath.

Thanks for hints in advance. :)

**EDIT**

Bit more info today, had the car up on the ramp to check out the HFC's and the rest of the exhaust again, definitely nothing wrong with either, had the who;e thing checked with some kind of exhaust flow temperature device and all is good, its hot where it should be and coller where it should be.

However, I have a similar noise to this http://www.350z-uk.c...e/#entry1069161 occasionally when cold, the noise disappears when the clutch pedal is depressed and it only ever happens when cold. If it is the clutch spigot bush does anyone think that this could lead to the "droney" noise when the car is hot? Thanks :)

Hey Papa - when i was driving on the roadtrip i noticied more volume/drony on the longer days. I put it down to the exhaust getting hot after such long drives in sunny weather. Keep an eye :)

Thanks Matty, going out later to give the old girl a bit of a warm up and see how we go but that's never going to reproduce 3.5 hours at much higher speeds :teeth: Think I'll have it put up on the ramp anyway jsut to double check all is well. :)

There are 2no. rubber busehes on the bolts to the gearbox, if they are worn it may cause a vibration when hot,

Is your car Upreved? if so do you know if the rear 2 O2 sensors are switched off? If they are not & the cats have failed you will get a CEl light

Yes Uprevved, don't know, need to ask Abbey, no CEL light