Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 2 Tyres

drfeelgood73

So here is a couple of pics of my front tyres after some spirited driving .... These were brand new and had about 70 miles on them before I went for my day out ( road...not track) and I only covered 180 miles...... so...250miles all in and here you go....

P1040130_zps089cd625.jpg

P1040131_zpsdf821ea3.jpg

I was not expecting them to be this bad........

If it is as you say it was, I'd get whoever fitted (hope you kept th receipt) and show them, they should replace them. I had some eagle f1s on a previous car which disintegrated within 500 miles - showed them to the guys that supplied them (I think it was mytyres.co.uk) I got a free set of replacement and fitting.

So I dropped in to the place where I had them fitted and showed the guys there and asked for there advice..... Obviously they were like ' what the @#£@ ' ..... Anyway, after explaining the mileage and the roads and things, basically he said that it was impossible to get them like that through road use and they had been terrorised on a track and there was no other explanation....... I told the guy that it was nowhere near a track at any time, and unless someone took it for a test drive on a track when I was offshore, and managed to get the speedo not to clock the mileage, and the clutch was on its way out as well....it was impossible....

He is happy to send them to Goodyear for them to do a report on it, which I will get them to do as it will be interesting to find out what they come back with....

I never told them that I had a witness to the road use as I was doing an advance road driving course with an Instructor at the time.... I was going to until he said it was impossible for road use....

The alignment is spot on, so no fault there....

Was it really hot on your drive? I did this to mine on the SXOC trackday at Anglesey - it was 30°C and I think I took 2 or 3mm off them just on one day. Mine were pretty low when I started so swapped them off after this - (They were the older style Goodyear F1s - not the asymmetrics like yours)

2013-07-17RemovedRearTyreRHS_zpsa766bc60.jpg

2013-07-17RemovedRearTyreLHS_zpsd006816b.jpg

It was a nice day, but I wouldn't say it was hot....... North of Scotland , up through the hills..... I can see your wear over the face of your tyre, but mine has chunks torn out........I also pointed out that the rears were the mpss and put on about 5 days earlier and they are like new..... so if I had been on a track day...surely signs would be on the rears as well.......