Headlight Washer jets

Griffos

Lights must be on for them to work I believe.

They also fire after you wash your windscreen (5 times?) of their own accord.

Also need to make sure there's plenty of water in the washer bottle, don't assume that because your windscreen washers are working there's enough water to fire up the headlight jets.

Pete

Supposedly... u can fail mot if u have washer jets but they dont work. But dont quote me. "Mate told me" lol. Maybe fuse?

Thats true.

Anyway, light on and use the screen washer, they should fire as well, but only once. Not heard of the 5 times thing.

Supposedly... u can fail mot if u have washer jets but they dont work. But dont quote me. "Mate told me" lol. Maybe fuse?

Indeed, but MOT testers can use discretion. My washers were frozen when I took mine for MOT in January but told me they wouldn't fail it. While it was in the garage the windscreen washers thawed out but the headlight washers were still frozen when I picked it up. I use about 25% washer anti-freeze during the winter as well.

Pete

I dont understand why headlight washers should be in an m.o.t anyway. Surely its either all cars have them or none. Besides.. their pointless. Just a second window washer

They're required for cars fitted with HIDs. Apparently if the lens is dirty it can dazzle other drivers. How I have no idea.

Thats true.

Anyway, light on and use the screen washer, they should fire as well, but only once. Not heard of the 5 times thing.

From experience they fire once (usually first time you wash the windscreen with lights on) then if you spray windscreen, stop, spray stop around 5 times they fire on the lights again.