P1 service - ball park price?

deank93

Hi all,

I have an HR zed that had a P3 service at 31k in March last year....I have just hit over 40k and the maintenance notification has started popping up on my sat nav screen so I'm looking to get myself a P1 booked up soon.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I would expect to pay for a P1 at a main dealer?....my intention is to play a few local Nissan dealers off one another to get the best price but wanted to know what sort of money to set myself as a reasonable target.

Thanks.

I know what you mean and on every other car I've owned it has been indy all the way but I have all main dealer stamps and there is a chance it'll be going up for sale soon so wanted to keep it main dealer in the interests of keeping the re sale appeal as broad as possible, some people are funny about it and I wouldn't want to put off a potential buyer by having them think I've gone cheap because I'm selling.

Interestingly I paid £300 for my main dealer P3 which was either cheaper or the same price as the indies i spoke to at the time.

£100.00 including labour, materials and vat for a P1 on your HR from Nissan main dealer.

Alex. :)

So i made some calls this morning.....I called 5 dealers in Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend, Colchester and Romford, all quoted me between £210 and £270 for a P1!!!!!!!!.....utterly mental, they clearly don't want any business as non were interested in budging on price.

I called Dixon motorsport and he quoted me £100 plus VAT.....I think I know where I'll be going.....screw main dealer stamps.

:lol: you realise a P1 is purely an inspection and oil change ?! You've made the correct decision - there aren't many zed owners who would choose to go to Nissan - and any potential future buyers who have done their research will value a good Indie service history more than a Nissan one :thumbs:

I paid £99+vat for my P1 in March at Nissan and about £150+vat for P3 the previous year. It really is hit and miss with the stealers. I know a mechanic at the one I use, which is probably why I get Micra rates and the servicing is good, but the rest of the operation the run is awful. I was phoned a couple of times by their sister dealer about my "Toyota Yaris" :lol:

P1 is around £140 at main dealers when I checked last. Most people will do it themselves as a Genuine Nissan Oil Filter is about £5, oil was £35. For that price, you can afford to replace the air filters as well if required. As long as you keep the receipts etc to prove you bought the bits, most buyers will be happy.

Couple of things id also say on your car as its an HR. Has it had the plugs done? They are every 6 years or 60k miles, so id expect yours is approaching the 6 year mark. Also, on my HR i noticed it would shred the auxiliary/fan belt every 20k miles. Its a common "feature" of the HR model. The rubber belt is on the front of the engine, easily visible when you open the bonnet and have a look. Nissan refused to do anything about it, said it wasnt "normal" wear but they werent sure why it would shred every 20k as the pulleys etc were all alligned correctly. They charge £85 to replace incl belt. I bought a gates belt which is heavier duty and replaced myself in 5 minutes.

I'm in Basildon, Essex, I'm all ears if anyone knows of a local garage.

When calling the dealers to start with i was amused but by the 5th one who quoting £270 i was just angry, how thick do they think people are?

My car was registered at the end of December 2007 so I am heading to the 6 year mark and the plugs have not been done, I've had my HR 2.5 years and done about 18k in that time but I've not had any belt issues to speak of, to be honest i've had literally no issues at all during my ownership.

Am option is to buy plugs, oil and a filter from a trader here and take it to a friend of a friend who is very capable might be the better option....i imagine it will certainly be the cheapest but i won't have a stamp in the book and I am going to sell the car so a stamp would be helpful.