youtube clips

ioneabee

I've been watching various clips on youtube and they keep pausing and then carrying on - I'm not talking about download pausing - it's, on the whole, fully downloaded.

the laptop is about 1 yr old - an i7 processor with a Geforce GT 640M 2gb graphics and running win 7 and Norton Internet security (no bugs reported), 8gb ram

even when typing I get a pause sometimes and then it all catches up in a rush

I know its a bit random, but wondered if anyone had any suggestions

Sounds like the RAM in a bit bunged up. Try ctrl+alt+del and go into task manager, you may have a load of useless crap running in the background that you don't know about.

I'm assuming that'll work on Win7, never used it, but does on all version up to it.

Have a gander at ccleaner if you haven't already got it. It's free. Do a quick registry check and fix any errors. Also use it to check what loads at startup and kill any unnecessary items. Whilst you're at it you may as well run the cleaner too.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Depending on your confidence levels, just leave it on default settings or if you know what you're up to have a tinker with them.