Annoying Tyre Rubbing issue

Jon350z

I've been running 235/35/19 on the front and 275/35/19 on the rear of my Zed for about 3 years, With Tein Superstreet coilovers, which were fully set up and been running perfectly since then.

I had to change my tyres a few weeks ago, I had Falken 452's and really liked them, unfortunately they don't seem to be making these anymore so went for the newer 453's hoping they been as good (in the same size)

After the tyre change the rear offside is rubbing on the wheel arch when I go round a hard left hand bend or hit a largeish bump.

I have raised the coilover by about 50mm its now higher than the near side and its still rubbing, I can't work out why after the tyre change its started to rub. My worry is that the shock absorber is on its way out, would this explain the rubbing in compression?

If not any ideas on why this has happened?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Jon

is your inner arch damaged...had to roll mine for the rears to fit with spacers..... if you have not rolled yours and the inner lip has been pulled further to the wheel ...that could do it...

Maybe your toe arm is knackered and your camber is positive ...

drop link broke allowing excess body roll from the sway bar...

sure others will be on to offer other advice.....

Thanks, Doesn't seem to be any damage on the wheel arch, it could be toe arm, drop link issue but just odd it wasn't happening before. So could be the tread pattern/size difference but odd its just on the offside.

The nearside is now lower than the offside, but isn't rubbing

Edited by Jon350z

Do both sides to see if there's a difference. It should be quite hard to push down and spring up once you let go quite strong, if its easy to push down and doesn't pop back up quickly, it's busted.

Do both sides to see if there's a difference. It should be quite hard to push down and spring up once you let go quite strong, if its easy to push down and doesn't pop back up quickly, it's busted.

Thanks, I've done this and they don't feel different at all, both side are firm to push down and bounce back quickly. If the shock was busted I would have thought I would have noticed before and not only immediately after the new tyres were fitted.

Apparently the 453 has a more rounded tread shoulder than the 452 and the tread pattern is now asymmetrical instead of directional but I don't understand how this would make that much difference on it's own, would seem to make sense to get you geometry and links checked as a problem here might just enough to cause the problem if the tread is marginally wider. 50mm higher one side is a big difference.

I don't think it'll help but thanks lol

50mm was a bit of an exaggeration, more like 10-15mm but it is higher and still rubbing, it would seem like it has to be a shock, drop link issue and just a coincidence it was noticeable just after the tyres were changed.

Edited by Jon350z

I don't think it'll help but thanks lol

50mm was a bit of an exaggeration, more like 10-15mm but it is higher and still rubbing, it would seem like it has to be a shock, drop link issue and just a coincidence it was noticeable just after the tyres were changed.

Just out of curiosity, what rim widths and ET are you running?