I could be tempted . . .

DoogyRev

Having just been out in a GTR track pack version, I doubt if this Vette could even begin to cope with the handling that the GTR offers. A rhd version :lol: . That's the funniest I've read all day.

As for the OP alluding to the same cost as a 370, that's the second funniest thing I've read all day, all year actually :lol:

You've had a boring day then! And a bloody boring year haha

Edited by OsakaBen

As for the OP alluding to the same cost as a 370, that's the second funniest thing I've read all day, all year actually :lol:

Well a Nissan 370Z Nismo is £37k over here, if you imported the Stingray from the States it would be £42k + shipping and shipping insurance... not much in it really. ;)

Don't know anyone who has paid anywhere near 37k for a Nismo, but what I do know is that it's RHD, and a friend paid £5k for shipping on an older Vette for a project, pretty sure there would be something added for import tax as well, so that would be around 50k, at best, for a car that would be very difficult as a daily, unlike our Nissans.

Not difficult that is it? or we would all be driving them if they were that inexpensive and brilliant, which of course, they're neither.

Hard to believe its cheaper than a 370z :scare:

Unless I'm missing something, the basic model is $57k , a basic 370Z is $28k or so :shrug: . Nice motor though.

Pete

A 370z I saw was $64K .CAD :scare: Admittedly fully specced, but still the base Stingray would be better equipped.

Yeah, I misread the basic price it's actually $52k and a fully loaded 370Z is $38k so not a big a difference as I first thought. It's also Considerably cheaper (and faster) than The Cayman S which is $63k.

Pete

$14K is still a lot, forgot the op is in Canada, I guess $14k Canadian is not worth as much :p

Granted you can get a 370 for less, but here is an example of a new 370 in Vancouver . . .

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Nissan/370Z/NANAIMO/British+Columbia/5_16591222_20080822170058171/?showcpo=ShowCPO

So a Vette will be not far off this type of price. I could pop across the border and get one at the US price, but I would to pay the tax to bring it back :surrender:

Had a chance to inspect one of these up close at le mans and was very disappointed after seeing how good it looked in the heavily photoshopped press pics. On close inspection the low quality of the paintwork, fit and finish comes through and this was a display model waxed to within an inch of its life. It looks just like any other tonka toy Camaro/mustang junk in the flesh. Sorely disappointed because on paper it looks like a bargain and in the pics it looked stunning.

Edit: obviously I haven’t driven it, just commenting on the aesthetics. Also, the alloys are ridiculously large and while they look good in the pics, they have a whiff of Overfinch about them in the flesh.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

Its American, no matter how hard they try they make throw away cars - you get what you pay for and these are cheap for a reason. Yes they go quick, but suspect the handling isnt anywhere near any japanese/european sports cars and these will in 5 years time be falling apart. As much as they look good on the photos I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole unless I was willing to lose a lot of money.

It's one of them isn't it, where if you like a particular car and feel that it would be right for you, then of course it's an attractive prospect. The roadster is a premium price in the UK, bearing in mind that the Vette isn't a roadster.

For the North American market, it might be a no brainer, with wider open roads and, usually, bigger commutes, but no matter how it's dressed up, that's an expensive car for the UK.

I love driving on the continent and, for short period holiday type trips, a RHD, over in Europe is ok, but I can't imagine having a LHD in the UK, even if it was Ford Focus money.

IF, and it's a HUGE IF, there was a RHD version come out over here, expect to pay around the same as a GTR, if not more, that would be like choosing a covered wagon over a Typhoon Jet, IMHO.

speaking of Typhoons, I had the privilege/horror of experiencing one at the eastbourne air show last weekend. holy sh*t mother of god in hell that thing sounds like a constant stream of thermonukular detonations. I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of a squadron of those (are you listening Rajoy?)

:scare: