oct 2010 370 gt special editions

degsysn51

Am weighing up this car with a view to buy but am unsure what I've got here.No mention of premium connect and what is the sat nav likely to be-the one which doesn't recognise post codes?Thinking I need a later car but it looks a decent buy.What it comes down to is is the 2010 spec the same as the 2011 spec?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

You can't tell from the year alone.

In most cases the connect preium came in on the 10 plate cars, theold system was on the 09 plates, but they may have registered some 09 cars late or the old system may have carried over to some 2010 cars.

Its easy to check when you have a chance to play with the system, or just phone up the garage and ask

Just phone a dealer, any dealer, given them the reg plate & ask them the question. If you have the reg plate you should be able to have a guess at which dealer supplied the car, or at least narrow it down, so just call asking whether there is any history you should know about as you're interesting in buying the car (NIssan GB can do this too). Whilst this does seem a breach of data-protection nobody seems to give a @*!# in the motor industry ;) . I always do this to check out a car - it's amazing what you can discover (good & bad).

Edited by rogerxp

If it's an October 10 then it's almost certain to have Connect Premium

+1

If you physically see the car, another way to tell the difference is that earlier versions have an analogue connector for Ipods etc in the centre cubby. The Connect Premium cars have a USB connection (the main difference being that you can control the Ipod via the Sat Nav screen and buttons, whereas in the older version the music will play fine but you have to select songs actually on the Ipod itself (and you get no track listings etc. on the Sat Nav screen.). By far the quickest way to tell is to see if has post code search. If so then its Connect Premium.

Well gentlemen I've finally got my car and it has the later system with post code sat nav.got an October 2010 gt with 4000 miles on the clock-yes 4000 miles.The car is unmarked inside and out and actually smells new.All for 17.5k.Can't believe how good it is.

coupla questions to ask;do I need to take the car to the stealers re the steering lock-has there been a recall on this?secondly the previous owner said that occasionely when he puts his foot on the brake to start the car ,the engine spins but doesn't catch-i think that's what he meant anyway.Anybody had a similar problem and how was it addressed?Still got a tiny bit of warranty left so may as well use it!!

congrats on the purchase

there has been a recall - you need to ring and tell them your vin number - it affected cars before a certain number - have a search its here somewhere

do you mean put your foot on the clutch ? - but in any case, nothing has been mentioned (so far) about that

Well gentlemen I've finally got my car and it has the later system with post code sat nav.got an October 2010 gt with 4000 miles on the clock-yes 4000 miles.The car is unmarked inside and out and actually smells new.All for 17.5k.Can't believe how good it is.

coupla questions to ask;do I need to take the car to the stealers re the steering lock-has there been a recall on this?secondly the previous owner said that occasionely when he puts his foot on the brake to start the car ,the engine spins but doesn't catch-i think that's what he meant anyway.Anybody had a similar problem and how was it addressed?Still got a tiny bit of warranty left so may as well use it!!

Congrats; post some pictures. I believe you are ok on the steering lock issue, as yours is a few months younger than mine and I was just outside the affected run of cars. There is a thread about it on here somewhere in which somebody posted the relevant range of numbers - have a search for that.

All you need now is a new exhaust! ;)