UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

Guest prescience

I'm with a Val on this one. perhaps if jermaine had answered one of my e-mails i might have felt differently. i appreciate he's busy and i have seen elsewhere that he receives 100+ e-mails a day; well join the club and i answer all mine and there's no financial inducement to do so :)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

I wasn't aware of that

Ah i see........ 'threatening' not 'doing', well thats just encouraging him to get his a*s in gear

what u mean Stephen still enough time???? do you want 3 weeks for it? jermaine wanted to do 5 cars in one day!

What, including tuning? That's fantasy.

He is aware of the fact that half of them are FI as well, yes? Clearly I wasn't talking about 3 weeks for it :dry:. I'm talking about fitting these units AND tuning them for 4 cars in 12 working hours. 3 hours per car. With no breaks. I can't help but think that's very tight time-wise.

mate, what do you want me to say? if the guy is confident he can do them, you tell him otherwise! fantasy or not fantasy, that's what he's always claimed, from the beginning

1- I'd just keep things a bit more neutral when speaking out in public on the board about the guy, thats all. ;)

2- Stephen is right, tuning 5 cars in 1 day is nigh on impossible, especially with the FI fella's there as well.

3- One thing i would check is backup and support, as some people in the US have tried to get a group buy on the UTEC, and it seems TurboXS dont want to know regarding support for products that have been purchased with a group buy. Might be worth checking out.;)

1- I don't do neutral mate, whether it's on a forum board or face to face, you should know that by now ;)

2- again, see my answer to Stephen. he's the expert, he should know how long he takes to tune his own units mate ;)

3- this is no group buy afaik, this is the manufacturers coming over and putting their unit on our cars, nevermind group buy. For you guys that buy the units from them, I expect you to have the same level of support that they would give another installer, nothing less :)

I'd check on warranty and backup, whatever you do.

;)

And does it definately com with the map switch/MAP sensor?? did anyone check?

Bap, for the last time........ I answered you a few posts above on that one. This is what i wrote to Jermaine.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:42 PM

To: Jermaine Riddick

Subject: RE: UTEC in UK

Jermaine,

the Italians have now withdrawn as the inconvenience caused by moving the date was too much for them.

Our dyno guys have been more understanding and I have asked them to let me know their availability for the 29-30 June.

We also have another interested person, with a APS TT kit but he only wants the unit.

Also, we are expecting that all eight units, regardless of whether they are for NA or FI cars will come with all sensors (MAF and MAP) and map switches included in your new price of $700 per person. This is a requirement for the deal, as you have moved the goalposts a bit too many times (first with the shipping, then the date) and so people are starting to get pi**ed off, and quite rightly so.

New dates, provided they are ok with the rolling road, could be 29-30 June.

Let me know asap please

PS ring Dorian as he needs you to clarify some doubts he has on the Vortech + UTEC install. here's his number: +44 xxxxxxxxxxx

Valerio"

His answer to that email was: I need to know how many utecs you need.

I didn't have time to try and ring him any more times apart the times reported on the thread, you have his number (on the contact page from TurboXS website) if you want to speak to him, by all means give him a ring and good luck in finding him

Hi Val, I just want to say I appreciate the time and effort that has gone into organising this so far and I hope it's rewarded for all of us.

I have to say though, that this :

good luck in finding him

Hasn't filled me with confidence!!!

I'm trying to see if J-Tuner will let me write an extended piece on Jermaine's visit about US tuners tuning UK cars. Will Jermaine be interested?

guys, the Italians have gone and done it!

here's some pics of the UTECs they just received from Sharif @ ForgedInternals.com. testing will start today afaik, will let you know how they get on

utec2.jpg

utec3.jpg

utec4.jpg

utec5.jpg

utec6.jpg

utec7.jpg

utec8.jpg

utec9.jpg

utec10.jpg

utec11.jpg

utec12.jpg

utec14.jpg