UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

I seem to recall one or two problems with a steering column at a certain other TT installer's too ;) not to mention the unprofessional way they dealt with me personally

Is there just one decent tuner in this country??? Is that too much to ask?

Apparently!!!

I'm happy with Abbey though because I find they are honest and professional so if there are problems they don't gloss over them or overcharge me for them either. But they are *stupifyingly* busy which means sometimes a job can't be done until 8 weeks after initial contact, which makes minor tweaks a big headache.

It's the lack of in-depth knowledge of the Z which is the major headache. Of course, by the time the major tuners have this, we'll all be on the GT-R forums with our 2007 supercars complaining how there's no expertise in them instead :lol:

Is there just one decent tuner in this country??? Is that too much to ask?

Apparently!!!

I'm happy with Abbey though because I find they are honest and professional so if there are problems they don't gloss over them or overcharge me for them either. But they are *stupifyingly* busy which means sometimes a job can't be done until 8 weeks after initial contact, which makes minor tweaks a big headache.

It's the lack of in-depth knowledge of the Z which is the major headache. Of course, by the time the major tuners have this, we'll all be on the GT-R forums with our 2007 supercars complaining how there's no expertise in them instead :lol:

Give me a month and I'll be UK Z UTEC tuner No.1 B)

some news from Jermaine: he now decided that he can't bring the units with him as he'd be stopped @ Customs.... I guess understandable since he'd have to bring with him about 12 units.... so he's sending ours to me ($230 shipping) and promised to put the lowest value possible on the shipment... I'm sorry about this guys, I tried to convince him to put them in the hand baggage (and possibly be arrested for trying to hijack the plane's ECU or something :lol: ) but he wouldn't want to know. Not nice of him to move the goalposts this late, I guess we'll see how much we are going to get charged and act accordingly ( a deduction on his fees for tuning springs to mind :evil::lol: ). He'll also confrim the exact date of arrival on Monday at the latest, so that's good news.

I've also given him my credit card details, so once we get charged, I'll let you all know about the exchange rate so I can start getting some money from you guys and repay the credit card.

Jermaine (who I tried to ring yesterday, other gay said he was on a tech call and he never rang me back, he still has to let me know his flight details, despite me explaining that we ned them ASAP since 350ZNismo would leave his Z for Jermaine to drive around, I can't believe we are spoiling him so much!) said that he'll put the lowest value possible on the parcel, other than that, we can only hope mate, and wait and see. I really really really don't like the way he's handling this whole thing, between ourselves and the Italian guys are doing a dman good job in organising all this and I have the impression he doesn't really give a toss about the whole operation. 2 weeks to go and he still can't tell me his flights? wtf is that all about? :dry:

Val,

I carried in my hand luggage a electronic data log system, 12" screen, PC, cables and electronic cards, last week with no problem through customs and the x-ray machines,

He would be ok to put it in his case no problem.

We hand carry electronics all the time he just needs paperwork invoiced value at £10 each from him to you, as enngineering samples to be showen only if he is stopped and customs can not disagree with the value.

We also hand carry radio transmitters and recievers to Spain quite regulary when carrying out warranty work, like Nismo said just make sure they've got paperwork made out to you ready, for prototype's samples, etc.

He shouldn't have a problem.

Guest prescience

Any further information on this - I need to contact TDi today or tomorrow about storing my car there for the 2 weeks from 3/6 - otherwise I'll just have to go with the unit and ancilliaries unfitted :(

I'll tell him that. we'll see what he says. As I said, he's starting to **** me off.

yeah,please INSIST he does that.We could be royally shafted for

import and VAT!!! :thumbdown:

What was a good deal may turn into a complete pharse.

GO VAL!! :boxing:

the Italians managed to speak to him last night, they are as anxious as we are about having some confirmation from him, and he confirmed again the dates to them, i phoned him too (phone bill is starting to hurt too :dry: ) but got Mark and he sd jermaine was on a tech call and would ring me back which he never did... not the first time either.

bad news: managed to speak to the guy.

they now haven't got enough UTECs. I am completely speechless, cosidering we gave him over 1 month advance, and they are the main company.

this is his email:

Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:13:16 -0400 [07]

To: 'TheMinel'

Subject: RE: UTEC in UK

Headers: Show All Headers

Valerio,

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I am ready for the trip

my travel is booked. The bad news is that we are running short on 350z

UTEC's. I won't safely have enough Z UTEC's for the 7-8th. If you guys

are willing to push the date back 2 weeks, I will be able to supply

everyone with the UTEC items they need. I will also cut $40 off of the

UTEC's ($700), Map switches ($50), Map Sensor's ($75) and if you want

tuner widebands I can include them for ($350).

Sorry, we are having a small production shortage but I am willing help

on the pricing for you guys.

Jermaine~

www.turboxs.com

301-977-4727

at this point I am at a loss and leave it to you lot... I don't want to keep messing about with TDi and get the same situation for the next date we book. :dry: bet my italian friends will be chuffed too, not :dry:

Guest prescience

I think you need to see what TDi's attitude is straight away.

It makes it a little easier for me (I am at least in the country) and probably easier for pete (spill) - he will explain why.

Guest prescience

a 2 week delay is annoying but not the end of the world; its more the attitude of the yanks to us over here (i.e look after our own first, second and third) which grates :dry:

yeah the delay annoys in this case though as we need to combine other people's work ie the rolling road.

TurboXS attitude is as downright @*!# to be very honest, though. I'm not sure how much Chris the owner has been involved in organising this (only spoken to him in one of our first conversations, then always dealt with Jermaine) but surely it looks like they are doing US a favour in selling us their stuff, instead of the other way round. The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to not go ahead with the thing, as surely they would have known well in advance if they had a shortage in supply of UTECs, it's not as if we haven't been in contact in the last 2 weeks :dry:

It's not even if to check their stock availability they go to the front of the shop and look at a shelf, or is it? :dry: amateurs :dry::dry:

Guest prescience

Yes he is and he is doing us a good deal, we shouldn't lose sight of that but a production shortage doesn't just happen unless your stock control/raw materials ordering is totally shot.

To me, as I've said before, its about extra insurance that the UTEC offers, personally I'm not expecting but will be delighted with gains. But seeing the problems pete has had, it makes you reluctant to change anything when the car is running fine.

Ps I was in touch with G-Force and they're not G-Force any more, what's all that then?

a 2 week delay is annoying but not the end of the world; its more the attitude of the yanks to us over here (i.e look after our own first, second and third) which grates :dry:

Agree with Dorian here, I spend big $$$$ with several American companies of which I'm European agents for them, and their priorities are with their compatriots even if schedules are placed with 3 months notice and these are companies from east and west coasts, we just don't have the same kind of buying power.

Personally I think it's worth the wait. How many units are due to be shipped?

Perhaps I should get someone on the case who talks with the right accent :D