Removed

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

More information:

http://www.turboxs.com/more_info.php?ID=217

bear in mind that the base cost for UTEC is $1049. You can reckon on $150 shipping plus 20% VAT and handling - that's best part of $1500 or about £850.

So this represents a significant saving and the opportunity to get it installed by the manufacturer - who will be better able than that?

it will be @ Wrc technologies' Silverstone premises: they are also APS distributors and installers :)

Hoping to get some press coverage of the event too! :teeth:

Surely there's the elements to make it a grear weekend, for example! :D

Date is to be decided, WRC needs 2 weeks advance minimum, and of course Jermaine needs to book flights etc. We aim to do it before show season though :)

Revsport, from your sig, with all those mods I reckon you'd be a prime suspect for your install! Don't forget that once you go FI, you'll just need to retune (and purchase the MAP tuning thing) but you'll be already sorted with an EMS that will be far superior to any other piggyback unit coming with any FI packages

2 places left!

Spill is our 3rd car! B):teeth:

Pete you can even do this before your SC, then go back to WRC and get it tuned again, btw B):teeth:

List is:

TheMinel

Prescience

Spill

Not a bad idea but if it's after 25th I'll need a transporter and some big boxes :p:D:teeth:

Revsport, from your sig, with all those mods I reckon you'd be a prime suspect for your install! Don't forget that once you go FI, you'll just need to retune (and purchase the MAP tuning thing) but you'll be already sorted with an EMS that will be far superior to any other piggyback unit coming with any FI packages

Thats what I was thinking too. FI is calling me lol :teeth:

;) fair enough... it all depends on your long term plans for the Z too:

if at some point you will go FI, jumping on this deal will allow you to buy a "tuner kit " version of the kit you choose which won't include an ems (and injectors i believe) hance being cheaper in the long term :)

That's my route anyway :teeth:

Adam's from Z1 performance on my question about gains on stock na cars:

"yes, there would certainly be gains to be had on a stock car as well...how much, will certainly vary car to car. Furthermore, it would serve as the basis for future mods.

Just an anecdotal example. With my mods (intake exhaust, cats, y pipe, pulley), I had my car flashed. Got about 12 whp and around 11 ft lbs, as well as smoothing out the curve. Car ran that way for 2 years, then we installed the UTEC - got the additional gains you see above. While that does not mean you will get 24 whp and 20 ft lbs, you will get gains

adam"

Toykilla's thoughts:

"Consider this:

The Z comes stock with 3 ECU maps:

-limp mode

-normal

-aggressive

When the aggressive kicks in, you can definitely feel a difference.

The UTEC essentially lets you run an "aggressive" mode all the time and gives you full control over the engine.

The UTEC also has some safety measure that I dont believe other EMUs have. It detects engine knock and pulls timing to prevent engine damage immediately. I have experienced this first hand. It feel liks someone hits the brakes.

Around my area, there are no Unichip tuners, so the UTEC is a great choice. It is hands down better than the other EMUs that come with most of the FI kits."

Toykilla's thoughts:

"Consider this:

The Z comes stock with 3 ECU maps:

-limp mode

-normal

-aggressive

When the aggressive kicks in, you can definitely feel a difference.

How do I get aggressive mode :teeth:

Is this why some days the car feels flat and others it's as though it's running on redbull :?:

Guest prescience

Don't forget Pete, the UTEC will also allow you to raise the rev limit and with a S/C you will be able to take advantage of the extra power. Jermaine will indicate advisability of doing this and by how much. I aim to raise mine by 300-400 rpms provided I am fairly sure that will remain safe