UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Oh and the UTEC can also control max speed limit - although it is uncertain whether this is available now or will be via a software upgrade.

The max theoretical speed of the Z with its gearing in 6th is 186mph at normal redline - rising proportionately with rev limit increase.

Not that I would recommend anyone drives at anywhere near those speeds on the road or probably on the track for that matter since the car is not designed for that. :)

And before anyone pipes in and points it out, even at 400 BHp (roughly like mine) and assuming the Z can achieve 160mph stock, that 'only' equates to 180mph

Guest prescience

That's right mate - we can't do that 4 you; we are down to 1 slot now.

Ive made my choice as to future expandability (that isnt a word btw!) and pains me 2 say, its a easy option - the SS box can do the biz if it can be tuned. And tbh tuned does not == establishing comms.

Stephen, i love this vortech kit and all i want to make it do is sing :sleep:

Aren't they.

Key things there though:

1. The engine is revving to 7000 rpm and the peak is at 6800rpm. I'm assuming this is a function the UTEC gives you to override the stock rev limit. At 6000 rpm power is at 425 bhp-ish, which is more realistic (but still great!)

2. I believe a 2.8x pulley is being used. In this instance, you'd expect to see boost around these levels.

Still - good to see great figures. :)

Yes, and the results are good, but not as good as I hoped. I'm wondering where the limitations are - in the box, the tuning, or the whole kit overall.

Torque is up and the curve is better, but it levels off too much in the *very* high rev range (6Krpm+ ) which is a shame because it's not really as dyno-boasty as it was :lol: but the overall 0-60 and quarter mile is a lot better.

well I tell you what, after a discussion amongst us, I sent Giles an email offering to extend this to everyone of the other site (not just members, that's the only condition :) ) yesterday.

Haven't had an answer yet, but hope that love for the 350Z community and common sense prevail :)

• 2 weeks later...

as a follow up on this, after over a week of having sent the email to the OC Chairman, I received no answer, whatsoever. Not only this is rude, but indeed it shows that the Good of the WHOLE of the UK Z Community isn't after all on the OC's agenda...

will post my mail publicly very soon too :)

We just need the last car to kick this off btw.....

• 2 weeks later...