UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS the Italian 350Z club, (I'll attend theiR annual meet at the end of this month) are nearly there with organising a UTEC group buy/install with a local tuner..... basically nearly all members are doing it.

Why?

because they know what they understood the importance of neutrlising the ECU, with regards to performance mods, ECU issues, enriched AFM due to the ECU detecting the mods etc ;) oh and they are all NA.

OMG! do I see 5 cars??????????

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Stephen, dates are flexible so we'll try and find a nice date for all of us to be available B)

ok I will try and convince steve_jones to get it installed too @ Donny, then contact Jermaine with the good news! we'll also need to make sure to bring with us some tuners that will have to learn how to use the UTEC, so that we can get to them if we have any issues (shouldn't be but you never know)

news: I emailed Jermaine, as also the Italian 350Z club are looking for 4 units, but they can find them online for $840 shipped (without the map selector, but still cheap), he's answered me back saying he's gonna into reworking the prices, so hopefully they should be cheaper!!!!

Also asked him for some dates, then I'll go to WRC for some dates.... guys this is going to be good stuff! :teeth:

I finally took the plunge and bought a Sunset yesterday, hopefully picking up on Tuesday but I'm heavily into modding and would like a place - been watching this thread forever and now all the places gone, if someone drops out then here I am

Haven't got the car yet but I'm down for it. I don't have any mods yet, but I'm thinking that it will still help me get the most. When I do further mods will this have to be altered everytime or will the ECU adjust itself??

Where also is the rolling road? As long as its not in Newcastle put my name down

Guest prescience

To achive the best from your mods, that would be true but I would guess (and it needs to be checked with Jermaine) that you could select a safer tune until you get it properly re-mapped.

The plan is to have the most aggressive tune on map setting 5 (simply selected by remote switch) and the safest on setting 1

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS GUYS! READ ON!!!!!

Thanks to our Italian friends the overall price for a UTEC system in this offer is now reduced to...... $740!!!!! (plus Dyno, and payment to Jermaine to install and tune which stays the same)

This I think is a great achievement and to make things clearer we should have:

TheMinel (unit + tune and install)

Prescience (unit + tune and install)

Nismo350Z (unit + tune and install)

Spill (unit + tune and install)

StephenG (unit + tune and install)

Steve_Jones (unit only)

Speedball (Please clarify if unit only OR also tuned and installed)

g_torphins (unit only, please confirm)

PLUS 4 Italian members!!!! (fyi, Jermaine will go down, tune just one car and teach their tuner who will then in turn go around to the other members to tune their cars, but they are prepared to pay Jermaine the same amout he wants from us for a full day's work)

Please be advised that if you want to jump on this offer now, (especially for the tune and install) you'll need an extra 3 people to make up numbers for a second day!

Next step will be to speak to Jermaine or Chris and finally set a date for this! Will try and push for a friday and saturday if we make 2 days or just a Saturday if we have just one day Install.

I guess once the date is set, will call WRC (they need at least 2 weeks notice) and will start needing deposits from people.

Guest prescience

The guys over there do seem tuned in (forgive that awful pun :blush:) to a good thing - and they're not even all getting it installed by Jermaine :victory:

no but the tuner they found is VERY clued up on ECU tuning (on japs, imprezas, evos, racing and rally cars etc) so once they learn how to use the software, they do trust the tuner :)

so, called Jermaine, reported the situation, and he's gonna speak to Chris and come back to me with some dates tomorrow! :yahoo:

finally this is taking shape :teeth:B)

he was supposed to ring me last night but never did, I emailed him this morning asking him straight to get these dates with his boss asap as we all need to know!

soon, Stephen, soon :evil::yahoo:

ok guys, managed to speak to Jermaine, a few times even! :yahoo:

confirmed for:

DATE

7th and 8th June (Mark @ TDI please consider this confirmed for 1,5 days dyno use)

Torque Developments International PLC

Unit 5 The IO Centre

Motherwell Way

Thurrock

Essex RM20 3LE

PAYMENT

I'll put all UK Utecs on my CC and you'll send me the money based on exchange rate that's going to be used. $740 each.

for those 5 who'll have it installed, the £100 each for install @ tuning will be paid directly to Jermaine on the day, minus £50 deposit to me.

Mark @ TDI will it be ok to pay you when we get there? please advise.

Guest prescience
Hope all this goes well, seems like a nice unit. :D

As u say, it remains to b seen. Knock (det) closed-loop control does it 4 me

Guest prescience

The best you can probably do is download the manual from the turboxs website - that gives a pretty clear indication of the scope of how the unit controls the engine.

What are you thinking of in your question

Incidentally I had occasion to remove the passenger side lower panel today and the way that Abbey put it back together was shocking - bolts overtightened or missing or not hooked up. Securing clips missing. Very shoddy IMO