Tein Hood Dampers - Fitted with minor/major modifications!

JackStrong

Hi,

Apart from my car running out of oil today I got my Tein hood dampers from theheff, top guy btw!

Anyway, seen on the forums that the manual fitment location involves chopping a considerable amount of engine plastic, not something i was intending to do. So much like another member (forgotten who) i instead mounted them into the fender fix point, an already threaded fixing point. One issue with this spot is its ~90mm offset closer to the hinge, so doing SOH CAH TOA = bonnet aiming near vertical :p

After figuring out if it would fit (using Plasticine) I had to adjust the strut.

So i decided to take off 50mm from the dampener, making sure they both had the same off. Then put a thread on it and Boom, done. Pics to prove.

Happy with the angle. If im going to have my hood up, its because i want to get to the engine parts!!

IMG_2910_zpsd93c3d31.jpg

IMG_2911_zpsf471b7eb.jpg

Higher than standard, but i like it!

IMG_2914_zps60f8b030.jpg

Marks out of 10 ? :lol:

Must be too large for the Zed. The Circuit Sports one that tarmac sells are designed to fix in the point you used for yours and don't require and chopping of struts or removal of plastics.

Agree - my Circuit Sports fitted with no mods to plastic covers at all.

David