pioneer x2500bt.. videos while driving

parello9

so I'm looking at getting this headunit

http://caraudiosecurity.com/avh-x2500bt-double-din-dvd-monitor-bluetooth

anyone got it on here?

i know i need all this to fit

http://incartec.co.uk/nissan/1929/1034/2056/78/Browser.aspx

butttt

Apparently having the screen play music videos while moving wont work just by grounding it

Anyone got any ideas at all? thanks

Google is my best friend :teeth: This may help,, Change Radio Shack for Maplins...

Go to any auto parts store and purchase a four wire relay and wire it up as follows:

The relay will have numbers written on the bottom for each pin.

The wire from the parking brakeicon1.png from the H/U to 87.

Ground to 85 and 30.

Remote from the H/U to 86. This will give you an automatic bypass to the DVD lockout.

If you want to just put a switch to do this manually you can also. Go to Radio Shack and buy a momentary push button switch, part number 275-1548. Take the green wire coming out of the unit. Strip the wire, and attach it to one of of the pins on the relay switch. It doesn't matter which one. Buy a standard 16 gauge wire from Radio Shack and connect it to the other pin on the switch, then connect the other end of it to a grounded connection on your vehicle. Now, when you play a DVD, the warning screen will come on. Just press the button on the switch and it will go away, since it tricks the receiver into thinking you have engaged the parking brake.

Bear in mind that I think its against the road traffic act for the driver to be able to see any video being played!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please explain how to ground a HU....which cables to what........I'm getting close to changing my unit and would be interested in how to do this.

There is a black wire at the back of HU that you meant to attach to handbrake or something - just ground it and it sorted

Sounds about right, as putting the handbrake on, just switches a 'switched earth' to 'on', which then flashes up the handbrake light on your dashboard, because the 'switched earth' has completed the circuit it's connected to, which is otherwise incomplete. Same thing for the turbo timer cut-out, so that when my turbo timer is on, dipping the handbrake, switching the 'switched earth' to 'off', breaks the circuit, kills the turbo timer, thus killing the ignition bypass, thus preventing the theft of my car, whilst on the turbo timer :D

In less words, ground it!

I have this HU, I popped a DVD in to test it after the install, not used it for moving images since. If the video aspect is what you're after I'd recommend watching something on it before spending your cash, the quality is fine for a display, but I'm not tempted to start taking popcorn with me in the car in case there's traffic.

I have this HU, I popped a DVD in to test it after the install, not used it for moving images since. If the video aspect is what you're after I'd recommend watching something on it before spending your cash, the quality is fine for a display, but I'm not tempted to start taking popcorn with me in the car in case there's traffic.

you got a pic of yours fitted? i should be getting this HU this month :)

you got a pic of yours fitted? i should be getting this HU this month :)

Here you go bud

image_zps64b4eac1.jpg

Right.

The appradio allegedly works. When I bought mine it supported iPhone 4, I had iPhone 5. It streamed music and calls via Bluetooth and via a USB cable no problem from iPhone 5, but app radio (including playing media like videos) had none of it - not even from my 32-pin iPad. I believe a new version of firmware now supports iPhone 5 and a lightning cable, however, make sure you read up and get the kit if you have iPhone 5. It needs not only a cable from Pioneer but also the av cable from apple to make it all happen. For me, I can't be arsed to buy kit, take it out and upgrade firmware - all for the novelty of streaming video and a few apps. The HU touchscreen is ok, but not even close to iPhone, so if I want to use apps in the car (very rarely) I just grab my phone and save 10 minutes messing about!

In short, make sure your phone works with your firmware and cables, if you upgrade firmware, do it before you install. The USB is round the back, which looks nice but isn't easy to reach. For some rubbish reason you can't upgrade firmware from a cd or dvd.

Have a look here http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/tax/946/page.html

and here http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/38/301/CD-IV202AV/page.html

Good luck with it!

Iv fit a pioneer in my Z , I got a adapter and did the buster hack a month later cos the sound was pants , as for the watching vids and stuff I made my own relay £3 ish . U can't just ground pioneer H/U or you can order one ready made from

Pioneer Bypass AVH DVD/Video Brake Byass Automatic Hack

There is a clip on YouTube