Went to fit my Milltek today... But...

Broomers-ZED

Hay guys went to fit my milltek Cat back system today but I had to stop as was running out of time.

My problem was getting the rusted nuts of on the join from the Y-Pipe to the Cat... They were extremely rusted... "More rust than nut"

So going to have a crack at it tomoz :)

Tryed a 13mm socket (was to loss) and tryed a 12mm socket (was to small) also tryed a tight fitting imperial Socket... But then I couldn't even get it to turn. :(

But I have a few more hours tomoz and will have another go. Think I need more Hevey dutey tools

post-19347-137581931684_thumb.jpg

(PS yes I should of took pics. Sorry) will upload them when I take them tomoz all fitted ect ect)

Phil.

To get the cat/y pipe nuts off I had to use everything, bit of heating bit of grinding.. (got bolts etc supplied with the exhaust). It's a right pain in the arse, the bolts on the zed seem to rust more than any others I have tried to take off (older cars too, albeit slightly).

Hi chaps brought a makita 4.5" grinder come the end. Worked a treat... Tryed everything else before. But yea got the milltek fitted today. Looks lush, sounds nice. And seems to be alot more sharper and abit faster. But...

Was a little bit disappointed as the standerd one sounded louder :-/ but all in all was happy. Took a fare few hours mind to do with my brother in law. Waa fun. Blood, sweat and nearly tears haha.

Think I will be getting a sports cat or something. As tbf, I wanted it to be that little bit louder. But yea I am a happy chappy. So Shiny ;)

Read a comment someone put about how hard it was to get bolts of and tht. Tell me about it. Nissan need to do something there I rekon. :)

Some Berk HFC's sound great with the Milltek :bose:

Glad you have it all fitted :thumbs:

i

Going to ask abit of a dummy question now... But does HFCs mean Hi Flow Cats yea? Sorry when it comes down to de-cats, sports cats, race-cats I don't no a great deal about them. Best way to go about geting a HFC is??? Thankyou.

Let me just say that i loved the milltek, nice wuality note but was a little quiet. Following jims and daves recommendation i added some hfcs and oh my....oh my, i still say it was the best thing i added to the car. The oise was glorious but not too in your face and it was sensible when cruising.

I still miss that noise.

• Like 1