Nismo GTR

cs2000

people said the R34 couldn't be beaten, and it was.

People said the R35 was the best it could be, it's been improved on 2 times so far.

People said the Ferrari F40 and then F50 were the ultimate supercars that could never be beaten. They're long in the tooth now and aren't fabulously fast!

Never say never! :)

What is a GTR as standard? 3.2 seconds. Its a lot of time to Shave off, but the GTR is an amazing car already.

However

Nissan hasn’t given any indication what the Nismo GT-R will cost, but expect to pay more than £100,000 when it arrives in the UK early next year.
Edited by cs2000

What is a GTR as standard? 3.2 seconds. Its a lot of time to Shave off, but the GTR is an amazing car already.

I guess reading the very first sentance of the article that the OP posted was a struggle? :lol:

"The Nissan GT-R gets to 60 in 2.7 seconds."

I guess reading the very first sentance of the article that the OP posted was a struggle? :lol:

I am the OP haha. I went to wiki for the number there as I figured that would be more reliable, but fine, somewhere between 2.7 and 3.2 seconds !

• Like 1

I am the OP haha. I went to wiki for the number there as I figured that would be more reliable, but fine, somewhere between 2.7 and 3.2 seconds !

All down to driver at the end of the day. How fast can you change gear? Nowhere near as fast as the bloke who sets the timed 0 to 60 lol.

All down to driver at the end of the day. How fast can you change gear? Nowhere near as fast as the bloke who sets the timed 0 to 60 lol.

Doesn't the GT-R have this flappy paddle nonsense? In theory, as long as you get your timings down you should get pretty close to what they state.

Also Nissan's website has the 0-60 at 2.84 to settle any arguments ;)

If you're going for 0-60 in a GTR you leave it in auto as you can't change gears quick enough. If Nissan can do a 2 second 0-60 I'll eat my hat. If a tuned 1400hp with drag tyres on can't do it I doubt Nissan can do it out the box unless the next GTR is going to cost the same as Veyron!

Well an F1 car with 750 bhp , wide sticky tyres and driven by the best drivers in the world do the 0-60 dash in anything from 2.1-2.9 seconds depending on temperature and road conditions. A MotoGP bike can do 0-60 in around 2.5 seconds.

Pete

Give it 10years and average car will get 0 to 60 in 9secs. Zeds will be 4seconds and performance 2seconds.

End of the day, theres going to be a barrier they hit where the car actually cant get faster otherwise it will be te speed of light or breaking sound barriers lol. Be like.. 0 to 60 in 1.42338379 seconds