Japspeed Backbox

Faraz

The one you have linked comes without the midpipe, chances are your OEM one may need replacing and I wouldn't trust the fitment of this box to an OEM mid.

Personally, I would opt for something like the Cobra system we offer, comes with a mid and rear box, which will go straight onto your current Y pipe... :)

Hi,

Does anybody know anything about the backbox that Japspeed sell? http://goo.gl/ZOplSF

I assume it's the same backbox as the K2?

Will there be a difference in sound without the K2 midpipe?

Quality aside, is it worth changing over stock?

Thanks!

No.

Lol.

Unless you want to spend your money on the lowest quality exhaust on the market.

Try cobra or Miltek, or something else at least.

Edited by Dave-350

Thanks for the answers.

I know it's poor quality but it won't be on the car long to be honest.

Price is the main reason i'm looking at it, I have the option of picking one up sub-£100 vs £400+ for a better system.

Theres nothing wrong with the OEM system on the car at the moment, I was just looking for a bit extra sound.

I'm guessing the backbox alone won't sound like the K2 system, because of the muffling from the OEM midpipe?

Does anyone have any sound clips of just the backbox?

Thanks!

Thanks for the answers.

I know it's poor quality but it won't be on the car long to be honest.

Price is the main reason i'm looking at it, I have the option of picking one up sub-£100 vs £400+ for a better system.

Theres nothing wrong with the OEM system on the car at the moment, I was just looking for a bit extra sound.

I'm guessing the backbox alone won't sound like the K2 system, because of the muffling from the OEM midpipe?

Does anyone have any sound clips of just the backbox?

Thanks!

Yes and no, I have the backbox with a mix of other bits and bobs including decats and my K2 dropped its baffles very soon after I got it. I also had to get the inlet to the box red hot to bend it to the correct angle to fit it to the car as it was completely wrong, as well as one of the hangers wasn't at the correct angle. I also had to take a hammer to the tips a few months after I got it to stop the inner skin from rattling. I literally had to smash the lip in to get it to roll over more onto the inner skin and bite down to stop it from vibrating.

Now you may think that all the fitment issues may be from a crash damaged Z which is putting the parts out of line, but my car has never been in a prang and the back end is 100% perfect (the front is another story, but thats from my drifting :lol:)

I have a Japspeed K2 backbox (on a japspeed mid section) and although the fit was not great, you can normally sort it with a bit of bending and tweaking of the hangers etc

This does demand i) you're not a complete numpty and ii) you NEED to do this on a lift as you need to get right underneath and be able to get a bar on to the hangers etc - there's no way you could get the leverage if you're trying to grovel underneath with zero groundclearance

But after a bit of heaving and ho-ing you'll probably get it on, and it sounds pretty good (mind you mines a stainless all through system and then I put Berks Cats on her as well)

IMG_4825_zps67cf3367.jpg

IMG_4826_zps6f1e8440.jpg

I wouldn't buy anything made by Japspeed. How the hell they can still sell such badly made tat is beyond me.

My 300zx has Japspeed downpipes/ decats and the fit is truly awful. Both sides sit hard up against the chassis and cause all sorts of rattles and vibrations and knocking.

I've done less that 100 miles since I bought the car, and I'm ripping them off the moment I get chance to get the car on some ramps.