370z extended warranty?

Adrian@TORQEN

Seems expensive, I was at the dealers yesterday and they quoted me around £480.00 for 1 year, I am looking now as mine's out of warranty in September. If I recall correctly the 3 year extension was around £ 1,400.00. These prices were for a 60 plate car though.

Completely and utterly bonkers, you buy a car newer, as I'm assuming owners see it as being more reliable than a cheaper, older car. Then you've also got to consider that you've bought a Nissan, a reliable brand unlike perhaps Porsche or Ferrari, bmw m3 for example who can leave you with some pretty eye watering bills.

Then £750 for a years warranty (which won't cover a multitude of things inc wear of parts)...!

I'm shocked there are people who see this as money well spent for peace of mind...either buy the newer car and enjoy better reliability and lower repair bills over ownership and suck up the depreciation, or buy older, for half the price and pay the odd repair bill ;) my 9 year old 350z is kept mint and I don't spend £750 a year on repairs.

Complete waste of time

+1 Been around long enough to know the small print will normally give them a 'get-out' to avoid paying.

Better to save that money into a separate stash, if you are worried about repair costs.

Interesting thread. My warranty expires in a month or two's time so this has been on my mind. In fact, with the troubles with my roof, I'm already in talks with Nissan HQ to see where I stand - that's an on-going enquiry... I'm a bit taken aback by the price of this extended warranty, it's about double what I'd have expected. I'm more used to BMW warranties and their hourly service charge, and parts prices, seem a decent chunk higher than Nissan hence expecting a lower warranty price on the Zed. As a matter of interest where did you get the prices from??