The aftermath of our 2013 European Road trip

mattross1313

Ah mate, we may well have crossed paths at some point.

Agreed with the above in that the Col de Turini & Stelvio were a little too snug to get up to any speeds. South of France was great and the roads really suited the car.

Haydn, also not sure if its classed at the same pass, I guess so as all goes up and over in a fashion. My favourite part, from the pic, was near the below link. lovely piece of road with a few nice, if not VERY snug tunnels.

https://maps.google....o Pass&t=m&z=15

I think you just copied and pasted the map I posted above? :shrug:

Cool trip! :)

Look forward to being able to share similar trip when I finally get my zed.

Great pics too.

What's the zed like for a long touring journey like that? I imagine it's rather a pleasant/comfortable experience, with some fun on the twisties?

Excellent trip mate. Good pics. Glad the car went round all ok. Must have been great on some of those roads! Does just make you wanna jump in the car and drive across Europe lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wow, this is the exact same trip the mrs and I planned before deciding it was just a little too pricey. Was going to take in stelvio, lake Garda and ferry to Sardinia as some of the main points. Doing it with the camping and no Sardinia obviously, how much did it set you back? Brilliant photos!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies on the delay, just sent my spreadsheet to the 2 members who requested the info.

Just looking back through the pics for the first time in a while. Man I want to get back out there again :)

I saw my folks for the first time in a while over the weekend and showed them the pics... I feel exactly the same! BTW I should really get around to posting a thread about the trip!