BMW 3 Series 07 Convertible

Sarnie

On my way into brum today I found myself behind a black 335i. I was thinking to myself, 'thats really nice, but whats different?'. It looked very sleek, sexy and very B)

I then realised that it was a new drop top version. I have to say it was very very nice. A nice set of rims and it would of been the business :D

I'm still hankering over a convertible summat or other and this looked B)

That's not a convertible, it's a £40k jack of all trades, master of looking fugly. :thumbdown:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/index/?serie ... odyID=CA07

There must be other proper rag tops on the list??

It looked miles better in the flesh than in that link B)

I wouldn't pay £40k for it though :nono: I'd get a Z4M before one of those.

To be fair there is no list as such as I would want a tin top or at least a hard top option for the winter :blush:

The new 3 series coupe looks so much better in the flesh. I went to the dealers the other day and they had one in red with the M Sport bumpers and big alloys and it looked superb. Somehow the car looks bland in 2D pictures, but the curves seem more extreme in the flesh.. :thumbs:

The new 3 series coupe looks so much better in the flesh. I went to the dealers the other day and they had one in red with the M Sport bumpers and big alloys and it looked superb. Somehow the car looks bland in 2D pictures, but the curves seem more extreme in the flesh.. :thumbs:

I agree. When you see it "in the wild" it looks much better.

Agreed. I loved it. Some big rims and it would of been the biz. It was as quick as my zed as well. If the roads weren't going to be flooded with them (and a £40k pricetag) I may have given it some thought :)

Have to agree that the regular coupe is a far more interesting shape in the flesh, particularly with a decent set of rims. The cabrio looks great with roof down but when its up the roofline is disjointed and nowhere near as sleek as the regular car. :thumbdown:

Great engines though! :teeth:

Have to agree that the regular coupe is a far more interesting shape in the flesh, particularly with a decent set of rims. The cabrio looks great with roof down but when its up the roofline is disjointed and nowhere near as sleek as the regular car. :thumbdown:

Great engines though! :teeth:

Im with him! :thumbs:

is the new 3 series convertible a true ragtop or a folding metal roof?

Saw one with the roof down tonight and it did look nice, but as already pointed out it needs big rims to make it look mean - the one i saw had standard wheels, looked poop.gif

is the new 3 series convertible a true ragtop or a folding metal roof?

Saw one with the roof down tonight and it did look nice, but as already pointed out it needs big rims to make it look mean - the one i saw had standard wheels, looked poop.gif

Its a tin top. Saw another today. My volks on it would of been :wub:

Why do BMW put such awful standard wheels on, i bet the base convertible 3 series isn't much short of £30K

We have several company 3 series in the car park at work and the only ones that look reasonable have 18" or 19" M-Sport alloys, mind you they are still slow being 320i's

Why do BMW put such awful standard wheels on, i bet the base convertible 3 series isn't much short of £30K

We have several company 3 series in the car park at work and the only ones that look reasonable have 18" or 19" M-Sport alloys, mind you they are still slow being 320i's

The one I saw was a 335i and was as quick as the zed easily :blush:

Thats got to be £40K+ though especially if it had any toys on it B)

My current Audi A3 was £22K basic, by the time i finished with extras it ended up costing £29K, mind you £2K of that was bodykit

We had a 535 diesel as a press car, my god that was a fast car, still i would rather be in the Z than any of them :teeth:

5.5 0-60

5.5 0-60

That'll be why I couldn't catch him then :dry:

5.5 0-60

Convertible is 5.8. :) 306 bhp but with the weight of metal roof and motors. Would be interesting.....

5.5 0-60

Convertible is 5.8. :) 306 bhp but with the weight of metal roof and motors. Would be interesting.....

You'd like to think on a track the zed would come out on top but this was a straight drag on a dual carriageway :wacko: