Stillen front OEM splitters- tell me about them

GT Driver

Its not going to suddenly have your Zed 'driving on the roof of the tunnel at Monaco', apparently they do make the airflow better but I never noticed anything when I fitted them.

But I tell you what, they looked utterly brilliant, especially when paired up with side steps.

Mine is for purely looks. I know Andy James s/c zed has one and uses it on track for extra down force. How good it is I do not know.

Its not going to suddenly have your Zed 'driving on the roof of the tunnel at Monaco', apparently they do make the airflow better but I never noticed anything when I fitted them.

But I tell you what, they looked utterly brilliant, especially when paired up with side steps.

I figured the aero gains would not be massive but was just interested in if they had any real world gains, even if marginal. I agree they look very nice especially with the turnbuckle connectors

More importantly they are made from urethane so will take a wallop on some curbs/speedbumps/road without any issues unlike fibreglass ones :)

That's a good point Dedman... fibreglass ones wouldn't last too long I'd imagine.

DSC_0048_zps78d52ea6.jpg

Lol!

I agree with coldel.

Cosmetically they look fab and probably add some downforce but In my experience you would need to be

doing 180mph to get "ground effects "suction!

I don't anticipate I'll be going 180mph lol! Thanks for the picture- my Zed is blade silver so it's nice to have an idea what it will look like and it really does look great.

If I go ahead and buy one of these then I've finally succumbed to Zeditis as it would be my first mod :)

Mine is for purely looks. I know Andy James s/c zed has one and uses it on track for extra down force. How good it is I do not know.

I figured the aero gains would not be massive but was just interested in if they had any real world gains, even if marginal. I agree they look very nice especially with the turnbuckle connectors

More importantly they are made from urethane so will take a wallop on some curbs/speedbumps/road without any issues unlike fibreglass ones :)

That's a good point Dedman... fibreglass ones wouldn't last too long I'd imagine.

Crack in the front of my fibreglass one and bits missing from the bottom! I've only had it on for about 3 months :lol: