HIT HALF A TREE IN THE ROAD TODAY!!!!

RDON

fellow zeders!!! my heart really sank today and I could have cried, I was driving out with the lady to have a bite to eat this afternoon on a village road out of tickhill towards wadworth... just as I was coming round the bend into wadworth was half a tree out in the road I swerved to miss it but only could go so far as traffic was coming the other way!!! well next thing I could hear a thud and scrape and thought FFS!!!! well when I stopped five minutes later and walked round to the passenger side my heart just sank!!! my month old pride and joy had two big scrapes all the way along the whole side of the car!!!!! boy was I pi**ed..... anyway when I was sat down waiting for the sunday dinner to arrive I thought I will take some photo's on the way back of the offending tree and then give the highways a ring on Monday to claim. Blow me down when I get back there to take some photos it had been dragged back just to the edge of the road!! I took a few pics anyway! when I got back home I nearly ran into the garage and preceded to get the T-cut out and set about trying to remove the damage praying whilst doing so!!!! Well after an hour and a half with help from my first hot lady I the car looks back to 98% perfect!! I can just see a couple of light rifts in the lacquer but it would be missed by most people, but I know they are there now :(

give the highways a ring on Monday to claim.

:lol:

What do you think you're going to claim for? Unless that tree was about to fall over and the council (not the HA, btw) knew about it but did nothing, then you won't be able to prove negligence and any claim will fail.

I feel for you dude, but it's just plain ol' bad luck. Without trying to sound like a complete arse, you should always drive to the distance you can stop in, and if you'd been doing so you'd have seen the tree and not scraped it. I'm not saying that I'm not as guilty of that as anyone, as it's so easy to do on roads you know, but that tree could just as easily have been a broken down car.

Glad you've managed to get the car (almost) sorted dude, could've been much worse.