Seat upgrade

frenshy

Hi guys

Looking to change out my cloth seats for leather. Whats the craic with the electrics? my cloth seats are manual but there is a power plug going into the bottom of the seat which I guess powers the airbag and a seat belt warning sensor on the clip?

Will a set of electric leather seats just bolt in and use the same plug to power the switches?

cheers

I did this last week and the plugs will be pretty self explanatory. The actual electric motors will work but I think the passenger side one doesn't have a plug for the airbags so you will end up with a flashing airbag light on the dashboard. Still haven't overcome this as I haven't had time so if you figure it out drop me a pm.

Fitting it is a piece of gypsy's kiss, 4 bolts and they're out!

Do it nice or do it twice!

• 3 weeks later...

I think the passenger side one doesn't have a plug for the airbags so you will end up with a flashing airbag light on the dashboard. Still haven't overcome this as I haven't had time so if you figure it out drop me a pm.

hoping to do exactly the same swap (non-electric cloth to electric Tan) how come the passenger leather seat doesn't have a plug, when the cloth seat does?