free to add exhaust modification on insurance

ddcboyle

I know alot of people are a bit iffy with what they say and dont say is on their car. But just got insurance renewed with elephant and checked cost for all indidual mods. Nismo replica bumper free to add, car fully wrapprd is free, and aftermarket exhaust/manifold free. I had to pay £14 previously but that was for the admin charge of adding it on whilst my insurance was already ongoing.

Just a heads up for those who might panic about cost.

Renewed with elephant. 24 years old, 12 months cover, 4years ncb protected, with all mods and mum, dad, gf fully comp, 70pound per month.alot cheaper than last year where it was 140 per month for me, mum dad and no ncb protection

so have I got this right.... you did not have to pay the annoying admin fee to add those mods onto your insurance? if not, how come?

He was re-newing

Edited by gsexr
  • Like 1

so have I got this right.... you did not have to pay the annoying admin fee to add those mods onto your insurance? if not, how come?

He was re-newing

disaster, getting sick of paying those admin fees every time!! :(

They accept your mods, they don't cover them. I found this out on renewal with adding an exhaust and wheels to the policy for 9 quid. I could have paid an extra £25 to cover them up to 10% of the value of the car or £500, whichever was lower. Need to find an insurer with reasonable prices that actually insures the mods!

Just been looking at quotes as mine runs out next week weds. So far £780 is my cheapest with all mods declared. Dunno why so expensive.

a big thing that determimes your quote is location you live. Central london is 4x price of living in a village in scotland

I live outside of London and cheapest so far now is 715.

things that brought mine down:

Park on lit street instead of driveway

ADding mum and dad on insurance

putting excess up

phoning up and haggling

Going for 10months insurance but getting 1year ncb