Bump Steer

StevoD

I know theres lots of threads regarding the VDC and mis-match tyre sizes

Ive been running the following set:

245-40-19 Front

275-35-19 Rear

But as per a lot of members on here are running 245-35-19 on the front, so i went down the route an drop the tyre profile but since doing it yesterday the car seems to have acquired some very aggressive bump steer, on some of the crap country roads around Cambridge its actual a work out to keep the wheel straight a all times, Anyone else running these set up car feel the same?

Also getting Slip light coming on more with the lower size which going by this forum this size should be perfectly matched to the rear.

I too run the same sizes as above with no issues.

Possibly suspension related?

Possibly Had it up on a ramp Saturday and didn't notice anything out the ordinary

No issues here either with 245/35. Maybe the higher profile absorbed done of the bump before?

The is my thinking, but the drive is so different to the point its was hurting my head why anyone would be happy for there car to drive like it haha

Are the tyres matching makes? i run 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 with no issues

Both Khumo ecsta and same model tyre in the 40 profile and 35 profile so its not a diffrent tyre issue

I'd say suspension initially. However...

You have lost some sidewall on this conversion so your ride is going to be that bit harder, which in turn means that with less sidewall your dampers have much more work to do. Compared with what you're used to, it's going to feel like the front has much less compliance (which it does). Solution would be to either change the dampers and run softer ones, go back to smaller wheel and bigger profile tyre combo, or live with it.

I'd say suspension initially. However...

You have lost some sidewall on this conversion so your ride is going to be that bit harder, which in turn means that with less sidewall your dampers have much more work to do. Compared with what you're used to, it's going to feel like the front has much less compliance (which it does). Solution would be to either change the dampers and run softer ones, go back to smaller wheel and bigger profile tyre combo, or live with it.

See this is it, i cant confirm its suspension as it was fine before, and when i had the LMGT4 on i used to run 225-40-18s on the front which is an even small sidewall and i dont recall it driving that way then, Might put em back on and go for a drive just to compare tho.

245/35/19 sidewall is 85.75mm, 225/40/18 sidewall is 90mm, so you're on a smaller sidewall than the 18"s.

18" wheels are much lighter, so even if you had a smaller sidewall due to the smaller unsprung mass you would still have a much more compliant ride.